?07 Training camp returning to Abbotsford

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sharpo

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Living in Maple Ridge, I have to say this doesn't bother me in the least!

Short drive for me for the next two seasons. Whoohoo!
and the connector will take three seasons. :wink:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

It rained everyday I was there...I didn't say there was no sun...
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
smphantom
Legend

I'm surprised it will be in Abbotsford for 2 years, as my contacts at TRU in Kamloops indicated all along that TC would be in Kamloops from 2008 onward.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Charlene

smphantom wrote:I'm surprised it will be in Abbotsford for 2 years, as my contacts at TRU in Kamloops indicated all along that TC would be in Kamloops from 2008 onward.

"my contact"

You are SUCH a nerd.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

YES! :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
bbgirl
Legend

Coolio! Makes for a fun day trip.
bbgirl
Legend

Charlene wrote:Who knew Abbotsford was so cool?

Luckily i know plenty of people to stay with in Abbotsford :wink:

This is great news! Go George Ferguson!! :)
It'll be so fun to see you there and hang with you this year. Yay!
LION81

Yeah i'm from abbotsford! I really enjoyed training camp last year. I got to be their water boy twice during traing camp. :rockin:
LION81

I hope lions improve their fan fest. Cause it will be amazing if they get it better(it was already good last year)!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Logisitcally, I have to think that there are conveniences being close to their regular season training facility, offices, equipment supplies etc. Then there is the cheap gas to consider :thup:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Logisitcally, I have to think that there are conveniences being close to their regular season training facility, offices, equipment supplies etc. Then there is the cheap gas to consider :thup:
Media can access the camp easily, unlike the Kamloops location. If you think that being the GC Champions can transfer a few more ST purchases, then the Abbotsford location makes good sense IMO. With the local media being able to report on a daily basis, and not just the dedicated stations, placing the Lions in the heart of potential ST makes purrfect sense.

I guess a consideration would have been given to how many new ST holders and their location during last years TC. If Abbotsford people were buying during camp, it may have hit home to the Lions that while the interior is a nice place to reach out to, they can reap larger rewards closer to home.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Charlene

bbgirl wrote:
Charlene wrote:Who knew Abbotsford was so cool?

Luckily i know plenty of people to stay with in Abbotsford :wink:

This is great news! Go George Ferguson!! :)
It'll be so fun to see you there and hang with you this year. Yay!
How will the boys concentrate with such hotness around?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Easy, the boys are gay. :wink:
Charlene

Umm the BC Lion's are gay?

LOL
bbgirl
Legend

Who knew?