Steroids

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

midwestlion
Starter

Since the league doesnt test, how do you feel about steroid usage.
Rammer
Team Captain

midwestlion wrote:Since the league doesnt test, how do you feel about steroid usage.
I truly wish that as an entire society we had never found out about steroids. The CFL treats this much the same way, we all know that there are players abusing it, some have been accused by other players (Flutie pointing a finger at Chaytors).

But as soon as a lid has been put on steroids, another drug enhancing the human endurance will crop up and be used. Supply and demand at its finest.

So to answer the question, I wish that the CFL would open the floodgates on the consequences for using steroids or other performing enhancing drugs, and it may result in one or two players from taking that route.
Entertainment value = an all time low
BEEECEEE
All Star

Don't want to say names but it was common around the SFU lockerroom when I played there.
Formely sfu_guy
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Don't care. We're all adults here. Handwringing is for hypocrites.
DMan

Steroids are no big deal. They just help train at a greater level. The CFL should not test or care if there atheletes are on juice. It's not like most nfl, 100 meter olympic runners aren't on them anyways. Steroids are not as bad as the media portrays them to be. Don't believe the hype.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

DMan wrote:Steroids are no big deal. They just help train at a greater level. The CFL should not test or care if there atheletes are on juice. It's not like most nfl, 100 meter olympic runners aren't on them anyways. Steroids are not as bad as the media portrays them to be. Don't believe the hype.
Check out the pittsburgh steelers of the dominate '70's era. How many have died? How many were lineman?

No big deal, I'm sure the kids got lots of inheritance.

No big deal.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:Check out the pittsburgh steelers of the dominate '70's era. How many have died? How many were lineman?

No big deal, I'm sure the kids got lots of inheritance.

No big deal.
A fair criticism.

However, speed and coke might have had some bearing on that also.
Tighthead
Legend

I wonder how many guys play cranked up on Sudafeds as well? That has long been the NFL's dirty little secret, and I have seen guys pop them like candy for big games in my chosen sport.
midwestlion
Starter

Well I guess it balances things out. You abuse drugs you damage your body and your life span declines. Lifes a gamble.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DMan wrote:Steroids are no big deal. They just help train at a greater level. The CFL should not test or care if there atheletes are on juice. It's not like most nfl, 100 meter olympic runners aren't on them anyways. Steroids are not as bad as the media portrays them to be. Don't believe the hype.
Really ? I'm sure Lyle Azado (sp) would disagree with you..... if he is still alive.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: But as soon as a lid has been put on steroids, another drug enhancing the human endurance will crop up and be used. Supply and demand at its finest.
:whs:

Even if you've got what it takes to get there, some will always be willing to take that little xtra edge. Look at the greats in the NFL that have that little * because they never won a championship.
BTW I wonder what is the biggest CFL name past/present that has never won a Grey Cup?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I would have liked to see Jim Young win a Grey Cup.
nelson95
Legend

I would have liked for Jim Young to have made the Grey Cup.
If he had decent QBs he woulda set some league records not just team.
Think of this when Geroy breaks his records this season.
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
Rammer wrote: But as soon as a lid has been put on steroids, another drug enhancing the human endurance will crop up and be used. Supply and demand at its finest.
:whs:

Even if you've got what it takes to get there, some will always be willing to take that little xtra edge. Look at the greats in the NFL that have that little * because they never won a championship.
BTW I wonder what is the biggest CFL name past/present that has never won a Grey Cup?
Stegall has to lead the list for current players never to have won the GC, at least off the top of my head.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

And I don't see Stegall winning it this year.