CKNW - Lions to run offense by committee

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CB123
Legend

I don't like the idea of a committee. Every ship needs a captain.
:whs: Just seems to me it will lead to bickering... I sure hope it works out though :cr:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:I don't like the idea of a committee. Every ship needs a captain.
One guy draws up the run plays, one guy draws up the pass plays, the other guy calls the plays.

The only difference between this year and last is that there's more input on play design.

Look, if Wally thought he was ready, he'd give Dorazio the job. It's Dorazio's lifelong goal, right?

While I generally agree that nothing good comes from a comittee, there is a guy on staff who has some experience at the job, so let's not panic yet.
Blitz
Team Captain

One guy draws up the run plays, one guy draws up the pass plays, the other guy calls the plays.
and that's the way it will work cro! However, those who believe that we can go with a quarterback calling his own plays all game...including Dickenson are deluding themselves. In this day and age it's tough enough to quarterback without calling all the plays in a game. Spotters can make a huge difference and play calling from the sidelines, based upon that information, including sequencing and setting up plays, is important.

Sometimes it's hilarious to watch a quarterback run a play on first down, look down quickly at his series of plays on his wrist, have a look like 'crap..what do I call now...pick one randomly in two seconds, and call the play in the huddle. Twenty seconds isn't a long time to get the play off.

You need an offensive strategist calling the plays to the quarterback and an experienced quarterback having the ability to audible out of them. A quarterback has the ability to run a number of plays in a no huddle offence for a series or two but it's too much today for the quarterback to call his own plays all game. The game is too sophisticated now!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
and that's the way it will work cro! However, those who believe that we can go with a quarterback calling his own plays all game...including Dickenson are deluding themselves. In this day and age it's tough enough to quarterback without calling all the plays in a game. Spotters can make a huge difference and play calling from the sidelines, based upon that information, including sequencing and setting up plays, is important.

Sometimes it's hilarious to watch a quarterback run a play on first down, look down quickly at his series of plays on his wrist, have a look like 'crap..what do I call now...pick one randomly in two seconds, and call the play in the huddle. Twenty seconds isn't a long time to get the play off.

You need an offensive strategist calling the plays to the quarterback and an experienced quarterback having the ability to audible out of them. A quarterback has the ability to run a number of plays in a no huddle offence for a series or two but it's too much today for the quarterback to call his own plays all game. The game is too sophisticated now!!
Please don't tell the Als that, I like the look Cavillo gives after 1st down to the Lions. 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low