Thelwell, Clermont, Kidd are GONE

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ExesnOhs

Wally has made up his mind.
With Chapdelaine gone, Thelwell will not be signed in BC but might surface in Edmonton... most likely out East.

Kidd has been slighted and will continue to be a fan favorite in Toronto.

Clermont has asked for an extension only to watch every other Lion sign. He'll be in Sask where his family is and he is working on his degree.

I'm glad they are all on the Cup as Lions.
hutch
Champion

and your source is??? :sleep: :sleep:
Charlene

I don't like you!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looks like cabin fever has set in.
bbgirl
Legend

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Reider
Starter

Well don't feel too bad Lions fans. Aikmanr has reported on CFL Zone that KK, Matt Dominguez, and Reggie Hunt will no longer be with the Riders AFTER next year. The source wasn't mentioned, but my guess is the Riderville.com forums.

What in the world is going on these days!!?
Last edited by Reider on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlene

I saw the title and gasped out loud. Everyone at work looked at me all worried, i mumbled something about football lol.

I should have known better!
Reider
Starter

:bang:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I t hink he just forgot to add the question mark at the end of his title, and to mention that his post was simply prediction.

Newbies :roll:

:twisted: :lol:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rumour-mongering.

The odds of Thelwell being back have been at best 50/50 for quite some time. He himself acknowledged that well before the Grey Cup and well before the departure of Chapdelaine. Look for him to take Hwy 1 all the way to Ontario as opposed to Hwy 5 towards Edmonton.

As for Clermont that he doesn't have an extension yet should be of little concern. Buono takes care of things in his own time. JC signed an extension prior to the 2005 season. Whether that was a 2 + 1 or 3 + 1 I don't know. Either way he's at worst entering his option year and it's only December. There's still plenty of time to work out a new deal.

Kidd is in a tough spot given his age and his own expectations for both playing time and salary. If he wants to play next year it will likely be in another city. That has a lot less to do with his own ability and more to do with making room for more playing time for Jamaal Johnson who I believe has signed an extension in the past couple of weeks.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

ExesnOhs wrote:Wally has made up his mind.
With Chapdelaine gone, Thelwell will not be signed in BC but might surface in Edmonton... most likely out East.

Kidd has been slighted and will continue to be a fan favorite in Toronto.

Clermont has asked for an extension only to watch every other Lion sign. He'll be in Sask where his family is and he is working on his degree.

I'm glad they are all on the Cup as Lions.
Suggesting Kidd and Thelwell will be elsewhere next year is hardly a bold statement given the amount of spectulation in the media and the Lions have younger players waiting to take their starting spots.

As far as Clermont goes.... he is under contract for ?07 so he has to wait until Feb. 2008 to become a FA if he desires. In the meantime, there are 14 months to talk about a new deal.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

And what makes it even more idiotic is, it's being posted everywhere that Lionbackers says it so.....UNREAL :roll:

Brent (Blue Fan), you need to stop posting speculation on all the CFL sites from a NEW poster that says they're moving on. :roll:

Oh...BTW...Milt and DA are possibly going to the Riders....some new guy on stjamesrods.com just posted it..... :hypno: :hypno: :roll:

Check your source Marty York :thdn:
Last edited by West Coast Blue Fan on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
squishy35
Legend

Check your source dumbass

Be nice. :beer:
maddeep73
Champion

In other 'news'... Bob Ackles is leaving the team to join the circus, Merv Fernandez is on the verge of signing a new deal to be the place kicker and Wally has a really bad case of the clap.

Check my source itsoffseasonandI'mbored.com.
Keepin' it real
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I heard that Casey Printers is giving up on his dream of becoming a NFL quarterback to sign a contract to play for the Canucks.