Thelwell, Clermont, Kidd are GONE

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I am surprised that the Lions haven't already signed Clermont. Not suggesting anything by this, other than surprise that this guy is not viewed as a top priority and I'd include Thelwell in this list also.

What I have no idea about is the salary issue and player desires for a contract as these may be factors if the two sides are far apart.

What Clermont brings to the team in skill and leadership and community recognition and acceptance and this organization is not easily replaced. Thelwell's skill is also not easily replaced either. Both of these players are guys I'd like to see included in next year's team.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

To me, I'd play the wait and see game with Thelwell. He's already made peace with the rest of the team, and is operating under the assumption he won't be back.

If Simmons can stay healthy, do we really miss much? Clermont's size and strength are 10x harder to replace than Thelwell's speed. Not to mention, the Lions have had Josh Boden since TC.
hwgill
Legend

Simmons stay healthy? I'd be surprised if he's able to come back. To get the same knee blown out twice in a 1 year period...that's tough to overcome.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't rule Tony Simmons out. He's proven he can come back from a very serious knee injury.
David
Team Captain

I still can't believe he got horse-collared by Gongi. Damn kicker. :x

Is the league finally going to ban that tackling tactic this off-season like the NFL?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:Simmons stay healthy? I'd be surprised if he's able to come back. To get the same knee blown out twice in a 1 year period...that's tough to overcome.
Actually.....he was ready to play the week of the Grey Cup.......but because Buono had placed him on the 9 game IR, he wasn't eligible........supposedly, Buono has apologized to Simmons, as he thought there was no way Simmons could be ready in time.
Lloyd
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I wouldn't rule Tony Simmons out. He's proven he can come back from a very serious knee injury.
Yeah, he can come back....but can he stay? 2 different stories with 2 very different ending so far.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:hey, my power is back on
how did you know it was out?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

He kept bumping into the Noise sign.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:He kept bumping into the Noise sign.
:thup: