Will we outdraw the 2004 West Final?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Will attendance be higher or lower than the 55,227 we drew to the West Final in 2004?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:22 pm

higher
34%
lower
66%

Total votes: 56
David
Team Captain

Not to start another attendance thread, but do you think we will better the attendance mark of 55,227 that were on hand at BC Place on November14, 2004?

Simple higher or lower will do. Any attendance updates or opinions get posted on the other thread.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
almo89
Legend

Judging from the pace we are at right now, I think we will outdraw it. It's only wednesday and we are already passed the 42K mark. This is gonna be awesome.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I said lower.... but I was also wrong in ?04 when I thought it was going to top out around 47,000.

I don't think many us believed then it would climb as high as it did.
J5V

I kinda have to go with higher, since in '04 I whined that the $ 44 upper bowl end-zones prevented a complete sell-out. With the remaining seats at $ 29 they'll be an easier sell.

'04 there was an NHL lockout as well as Caseymania as well. However, I think ticket sales are even with or ahead of '04 and the snowball seems to be starting to roll now. :rockin:
Joshua

wow - the Riders sure are a strong draw ;)
randymeeks
Legend

the so-called experts here in Edmonton were predicting the WDF would be a sellout. I'm sort of inlined to agree if we've already sold over 42,000 already.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
MacNews
Team Captain

The numbers look encouraging but I'm waiting until the final ticket is sold. Little things such as rain can increase or reduce a crowd at BC Place so I have no idea how many will show up Sunday.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lower, that amount is going to be hard to reach, as the remaining seats aren't the best, but do have the best price tag beside them. 4K Tuesday, 3K in sales Wednesday, is starting to thin out the Rider purchases, and get down to casual fans of CFL football from the LM buying now. Thursdays paper with a Lions focus should also help sell a few more, once everyone gets on board with the sales going to well. Still over 50 is a positive, and that is reachable. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Joshua wrote:wow - the Riders sure are a strong draw ;)
I think last years numbers would have been similar, but the team stumbled down the stretch and a lot of the casual fans bought grey cup tickets instead. Vancouver is a big event town, this is the biggest event in the city football wise, and once it becomes the thing to do it snowballs...

The Riders help for sure, just on the basis of how many transplanted misguided Rider fans live out here. :wink:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Joshua

All I know Brian is....3 MORE SLEEPS!

Can't wait man

BTW - I'v talked a few friends into going and a couple are of the casual fan status....after this atmosphere I'm hoping they'll be hooked
Rammer
Team Captain

Joshua wrote:All I know Brian is....3 MORE SLEEPS!

Can't wait man

BTW - I'v talked a few friends into going and a couple are of the casual fan status....after this atmosphere I'm hoping they'll be hooked
IN all honesty, I am not sure that the game itself will be great for casual fans, as it is going to be a smash mouth defensive battle with a few outbursts on O. More geared for the diehard fan over the casual one who looks for high octane O's to dominate. However the crowd energy should still bring those few plays to significant proportions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
QB#9
Starter

Just think of the noise we're going to get on D. Atmosphere should be great no matter what. :thup:
Reider
Starter

I said higher, but I might be re-considering that pick now. I think it will be close either way.
120dB
Legend

Caseymania will be back cause Casey Printers will be back as a Lion next year. That will bring fans to the Stadium. I can't stand Dickenson. He sounds so monotone in radio interviews, like: okay if we win that's great and if we lose then so what....

Dickenson better come through Sunday or he's down the road
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Caseymania will be back cause Casey Printers will be back as a Lion next year. That will bring fans to the Stadium. I can't stand Dickenson. He sounds so monotone in radio interviews, like: okay if we win that's great and if we lose then so what....

Dickenson better come through Sunday or he's down the road
I'm sure you're a nice kid. You're enthusiasm is laudable. But you really, really need to think about this one. :wag: