Will we outdraw the 2004 West Final?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Will attendance be higher or lower than the 55,227 we drew to the West Final in 2004?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:22 pm

higher
34%
lower
66%

Total votes: 56
Migs
Starter

MacNews wrote:The numbers look encouraging but I'm waiting until the final ticket is sold. Little things such as rain can increase or reduce a crowd at BC Place so I have no idea how many will show up Sunday.
You guys don't like rain even when your indoors? :wink:
Stampeder horse walks into a bar and the bartender says..."Why the Long face?"
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
120dB wrote:Caseymania will be back cause Casey Printers will be back as a Lion next year. That will bring fans to the Stadium. I can't stand Dickenson. He sounds so monotone in radio interviews, like: okay if we win that's great and if we lose then so what....

Dickenson better come through Sunday or he's down the road
I'm sure you're a nice kid. You're enthusiasm is laudable. But you really, really need to think about this one. :wag:
No kidding. Come on kid, stick to your noise schtick.
Dan Russell
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
120dB wrote:Caseymania will be back cause Casey Printers will be back as a Lion next year. That will bring fans to the Stadium. I can't stand Dickenson. He sounds so monotone in radio interviews, like: okay if we win that's great and if we lose then so what....

Dickenson better come through Sunday or he's down the road
I'm sure you're a nice kid. You're enthusiasm is laudable. But you really, really need to think about this one. :wag:
No kidding. Come on kid, stick to your noise schtick.
120db writing something other then attendance numbers is shocking at this point. :lol:
obs
Champion

I think lower because, as others have mentioned, no CP Air to hype the team/game.

As far as Dickenson being gone next year:
- only if CP comes back (yeah, right), or
- if the Lions need to free up money to sign other guys

Whether he is around still in 2008 is a more interesting discussion :).
120dB
Legend

No, because the gurus in the marketing dept. decided to keep the tarps over the east endzone seats to keep the dust off them
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since the announced attendance was 50,084, then the answer to the poll question was "No" or "Lower". The majority with 64% of those who voted predicted correctly.
Noodles
Rookie

still pretty close :D
George Black in response to canned noise at BC Place: wrote: As I’m sure you understand, we cannot penalize a rumour.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Given there was no NHL lockout that provided the ?04 game with wall-to-wall talk and hype..... it was a GREAT crowd today. :thup:
TheZeppo
Starter

I must say that I find the obsession with attendance on this board
somewhat puzzling. However, it is worth noting that in the
past year, the two largest crowds for football games in Canada have
been in Vancouver. This should go a long ways towards countering
the often-stated opinion that Lower Mainland sports fans will not
support the CFL.
Ravi
Legend

TheZeppo wrote:I must say that I find the obsession with attendance on this board
somewhat puzzling. However, it is worth noting that in the
past year, the two largest crowds for football games in Canada have
been in Vancouver. This should go a long ways towards countering
the often-stated opinion that Lower Mainland sports fans will not
support the CFL.
For the first time since the 1983-87 era, the Lions/CFL have drawn at least one crowd per season of 50k+ in three consecutive seasons. Congrats B.C.!
obs
Champion

Given there was no NHL lockout that provided the ?04 game with wall-to-wall talk and hype..... it was a GREAT crowd today.

True enough. Whenever I turn on the Pratt and Taylor show in the afternoons these days, it's always hockey, hockey, and more hockey. Could be my imagination, but I don't recall it being like that before the Canucks went to 1040.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:For the first time since the 1983-87 era, the Lions/CFL have drawn at least one crowd per season of 50k+ in three consecutive seasons. Congrats B.C.!
This may have been asked on other threads before, but I'm just suddenly curious again. Does anybody know what the attendance as when the Lions hosted five consecutive playoff games, four western finals and a semi-final in 1986?

1983 WDF
1984 WDF
1985 WDF
1986 WDSF
1987 WDF