Poll: Who do the Lions want in the WDF?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do you want to face in the WDF?

Calgary
64%
Saskatchewan
36%

Total votes: 36
Rammer
Team Captain

Simple one, Calgary or Saskatchewan?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Either. Lions don't have as much trouble with Calgary, but don't deserve to go to the GC if they can't beat Regina IMO.
Bosco
Team Captain

Although the Stamps appear to be the more dangerous team, in games that have counted this season, the Lions have beat the Stamps like a rented mule.

The Roughriders have had an inconsistant season - to say the least - but somehow manage to turn it up a notch against the Lions. There have been far too many close games with the Riders over the past three seasons, games that could have gone either way.

Bring on the Stamps! :rockin:
Rick James
Legend

Bring on the Riders. The atmosphere for Riders games at BC Place is awesome.
Blutarski

Rammer wrote:Simple one, Calgary or Saskatchewan?
Well I think we are lucky whichever one comes to town - All three teams have a hate on with each other! I would go for Sask -only cuz I like those green uniforms.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I fear no one...the Lions will be in Winnipeg. :twisted:

That said, it's a tough choice...stop the Stamps whining, or get Barrett fired. :)
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Perhaps you will get both, on successive weeks in successive games. :wink:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Hmmmm would you rather play a team that beat you 3 out of 4 times, or a team who you beat 2 out of three times hmmmmm tough one right there...
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Hmmmm would you rather play a team that beat you 3 out of 4 times, or a team who you beat 2 out of three times hmmmmm tough one right there...
But Jeremy, if we can't beat them at this level, then we have no right going to the GC. Besides, in those three games, they beat us by 8, 3, and 1. We beat them by 17. Either adversary would be acceptable. :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Blitz
Team Captain

Very simple answer and without any doubt...I strongly prefer to play Calgary in the Western Final over Saskatchewan! Saskatchewan's defence plays us miserable!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary has more talent than Saskatchewan. Doesn't matter to me who we have to face. The road to the Grey Cup passes through Vancouver.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I voted for calgyria. I'm just bored with the riders. The stumps offer up some fresh WF meat. I also love the trash talk... which I think the stumps would start up again.

I disagree with comments of Solar. If we beat calgyria would absolutely deserve to be in the GC. Best team, best record etc.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I voted for calgyria. I'm just bored with the riders. The stumps offer up some fresh WF meat. I also love the trash talk... which I think the stumps would start up again.

I disagree with comments of Solar. If we beat calgyria would absolutely deserve to be in the GC. Best team, best record etc.
I think what SM was getting at was that we shouldn't be hoping that Calgary gets in, just because the Riders have had our number to a certain degree this year. We should be able to beat any team that comes to face us. I heard a quote on the post-game show attributed to Ty Crews:

"You don't come into my house and take food off my table without expecting to leave with a bullet in your ass" :rockin: :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Hmmmm would you rather play a team that beat you 3 out of 4 times, or a team who you beat 2 out of three times hmmmmm tough one right there...
But Jeremy, if we can't beat them at this level, then we have no right going to the GC. Besides, in those three games, they beat us by 8, 3, and 1. We beat them by 17. Either adversary would be acceptable. :rockin:

Good point Kim. I wasn't saying that we should try to bypass Saskatchewan, but the question was who would the lions want to play in the WDF. I think playing a team against which your winning percentage was .666 or a play a team where you would beat once out of every four games.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Ballistic Bob
Legend

CALGARY
BOZOS
CRUSHED

COPELAND &
BURRIS R
CRAP

Im hoping Calgary as the signs are made. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing