Geroy Simon Receiving Record

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Will Geroy Simon break the Single Season Receiving Yard record?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 am

Yes, he'll get 300+ yards tonight against Hamilton and break it
6%
Yes, he'll break it next week against Winnipeg
38%
No, its too far fetched with only two games remaining
56%
Yes and No, he'll tie the record
No votes

Total votes: 16
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Do you think Geroy will break the record for most receiving yards in a single season next week vs Winnipeg?
kamfan
Starter

As much as I would love for him to do it, I believe the offence for the next couple of weeks will be too vanilla to have it happen, and also there is the question of when he will be pulled from the games as well.
hwgill
Legend

I think he's got a good chance. I can see him breaking 180 yards tonight, and 120 or so next week to do it.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
almo89
Legend

:cr: 300 yard night. He'll be the only one catching
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No way he's going to get 300 yards tonight unless Hamilton chooses to play backup lineman as defensive backs.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In the end, Geroy Simon didn't even get close as he only caught 2 passes for 20 yards.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Very disappointed that the Lions really didn't try going to Simon despite Hamilton playing man to man.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

How stupid of the Leos not to give Geroy more shots, he had the one TD called back (40 yards), a 14 yard missed TD Catch (54 yards total missed so far) and they threw a 60 yarder to him in triple coverage!!! Record's out the door, but he could've had more opputunities. :sigh:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hamilton doubled Geroy all night, even when he was lined up alone on the back side. He wasn't the first or second read for the QB.
MacNews
Team Captain

Positive of the media coverage:

-Sells more tickets

-Lets casual fans know what is going

Negative:

-If you're an informed fan, you already know the year Geroy is having

-Harping on the single-season record for several, make that many weeks gets boring!
Dan Russell
Legend

Hamilton pressured the Lion QB's so they didn't take advantage of Man to Man coverage and when they did penalties brought plays back.
CB123
Legend

I think its too far away now... even for Geroy. :sigh:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
CatsManDo

He looked wide open a couple of times but Buck or Dave didn't look his way. If that TD had counted maybe they would have thrown to him more often. Too bad.
Dan Russell
Legend

CatsManDo wrote:He looked wide open a couple of times but Buck or Dave didn't look his way. If that TD had counted maybe they would have thrown to him more often. Too bad.
That penalty hurt and if that one stood then he would have had an outside chance of getting the record vs. Winnipeg, but that light is dimming now.
hwgill
Legend

There's no way Geroy can make the record now. His chance was on Sat night to have a big game. But 280 yards against the Bombers? Not going to happen. The Bombers are hungry, they still have a shot at hosting the Eastern semi, they will be coming out loaded for bear. If the Leos play Winnipeg the way they played Hamilton, they are going to lose, and lose big. Possibly worse than Calgary did on Sat.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker