Bombers @ Lions Oct. 10, 2015 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Travis Lulay has been activated and will back up Jonathon Jennings at quarterback against the Bombers. Greg McGhee slides to No. 3 on the depth chart and R.J. Archer returns to the practice roster. That's the only lineup change this week. The B.C. offence and defence have both been playing well. If special teams can rebound from a bad game against the Riders, the Lions will have a complete team.

This is the second and final meeting between the Lions and Bombers this year. Winnipeg won the first game 23-13. A B.C. win this week would put the Lions four points ahead of the Bombers in the West Division playoff race. A B.C. win by more than 10 points would give the Lions the season series and would require the Bombers to finish with more points than the Lions to claim third place. If the Lions win by exactly 10 points and the teams are tied at the end of the season, the Lions currently hold the next tiebreaker with a better divisional record than the Bombers.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Depth chart ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
squishy35
Legend

Key to this game....? Sack the crap out of Nichols and pressure him all night. The rest will take care of itself...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Make the Bombers defend the entire field.
InUrFace
Rookie

Do any of you think that Lulay will be getting game time? I hope they dont play QB chairs on Jennings. Im kinda wondering if Lulay be taking over controls in next game even if Jennings has the same type of game as he did against Ssk. Just wonna see peoples thoughts on this.
pennw
Legend

InUrFace wrote:Do any of you think that Lulay will be getting game time? I hope they dont play QB chairs on Jennings. Im kinda wondering if Lulay be taking over controls in next game even if Jennings has the same type of game as he did against Ssk. Just wonna see peoples thoughts on this.
Jennings is currently ahead of Lulay on the depth chart . If JJ keeps playing the way he has it is hard to see him being put back. He has the confidence of the whole team including the HC , and is at the moment the QB of the future . When Tedford got here it was a somewhat dire and unknown situation and they rode the conventional "let's see what the former MOP vet" can do and hope for the best , because " we don't know what else we got " wisdom . And you can't blame him For that , as most fans were pretty concerned at the time about it too . They knew Jennings looked good in camp , but no one knows for sure until the real bullets are flying. Now our team is past that point and it seems we have a keeper at QB .
Robbie
Hall of Famer

;canucks: playing next door tonight. Going to be a very crowded place tonight and the rain in the forecast won't help things at all. Let's see if attendance will be affected and if it will break the 20,000 mark.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Maybe Buono will open the roof tonight........ :dizzy: :shock:
Blitz
Team Captain

InUrFace wrote:Do any of you think that Lulay will be getting game time? I hope they dont play QB chairs on Jennings. Im kinda wondering if Lulay be taking over controls in next game even if Jennings has the same type of game as he did against Ssk. Just wonna see peoples thoughts on this.
If defenses stack the box on our offence on first down Jennings can hurt a defense deep. Not so Travis. For our offence to function best we need a quarterback who can hurt a defense that focuses on overplaying our running attack with Andrew Harris.
Of Jennings’ 52 completed passes this season, eight have been for 30-plus yards. By comparison, Travis Lulay has seven in 153 completions. John Beck had zero among his 50 completed passes. Vancouver Sun
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
David
Team Captain

My 3 keys to the game:

* Jonathon Jennings shows a lot of poise and confidence. But this will be the first game with a healthy Travis in uniform. Will JJ be at all phased by the vet standing on the sidelines champing at the bit?

* Jamarkus McFarland. Not thrilled he was released and picked up by the Bombers right before we have to play them. Did he bring the keys to our defensive philosophy with him?

* Special Teams. They simply must rebound from last week's debacle. Better contain on Stoudermire - the 2nd leading kick returner in the CFL. Open running lanes for Rainey, minimize holding penalties, and improve field goal % (Leone was actually 4 for 5 last week but missed a convert and makeable field goal).

Finally, a 7:00pm Saturday game and we're playing opposite the Canucks' home opener with a Fall storm battering the coast. This is quite possibly the WORST schedule in recent memory. There hasn't been one game this year that one can point to and say, "this is ideal." :bang:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I agree with David about the schedule but the weather is calm and dry downtown and there is a healthy mix of Lions and Canucks colours. Lions colours actually dominate at one establishment where I am, across from both game sites.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Worst thing about tuning into the Stamps-Esks game tonight is hearing Cuthbert doing play by play. That means we get Rod Black. Ugh.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:Worst thing about tuning into the Stamps-Esks game tonight is hearing Cuthbert doing play by play. That means we get Rod Black. Ugh.
I'll be at the game. Have to put up with Crazy Pete.
BC 1988
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:Worst thing about tuning into the Stamps-Esks game tonight is hearing Cuthbert doing play by play. That means we get Rod Black. Ugh.
I'll be at the game. Have to put up with Crazy Pete.
Same here, just heading out by Canada Line.

Even if I go, I always PVR the game to watch again later. Rod Black is an acquired taste. His biggest problem is feeling the need to fill in (what he perceives to be) "dead air" with "hot air".
Kamloops Lion
All Star

Hey!
No Rod Black.
We get Miller and Dunigan.
Good start to a good night.