2015 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:According to Jamie Pitblado (Director of Fan Engagement) who was on with Sekeres and Price this morning, the Huskies marching band will play pre-game as well as half-time (so they're encouraging fans to arrive early).

Said they're a couple of thousand shy of a sell out but tickets moving well and with a good walk-up could completely sell out. When asked what a lower bowl sell-out is, he said 26,400 (which is news to me as Skulsky has told us it holds 27,500).

DH :cool:
Could one be talking stadium seats only and the other including suites and Club Orange?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:On the subject of speeding up games, in last nights NFL game the TV guys commented on how the coach's call for a measurement enabled the coach to consider if they should punt or gamble and what play they should call. In other words it is another time out. I like the way the new CFL rule does not allow a HC to call for a measurement as it puts more pressure on the HC to be on top of things and make a quick punt or gamble decision and it speeds up the game. :beauty:
Should be kind of like a batter calling time in baseball. The batter can't call time. He has to ask for it. It's up to the ump to grant time or not although some batters seem to think otherwise. Should be the same in football. It should be strictly up to the referee to decide if a measurement is required and that should only happen when he is unsure if a first down has been gained or not.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote: When asked what a lower bowl sell-out is, he said 26,400 (which is news to me as Skulsky has told us it holds 27,500).

Skulsky's a big boy. Might take up a few seats on his own.

I'm sorry. That was mean and uncalled for.

I shall go admonish myself now.
Qman
Champion

David wrote:According to Jamie Pitblado (Director of Fan Engagement) who was on with Sekeres and Price this morning, the Huskies marching band will play pre-game as well as half-time (so they're encouraging fans to arrive early).

Said they're a couple of thousand shy of a sell out but tickets moving well and with a good walk-up could completely sell out. When asked what a lower bowl sell-out is, he said 26,400 (which is news to me as Skulsky has told us it holds 27,500).

Skulsky is including the suites
LakeLions
Rookie

Do you work for the Lions, Oman?

You have plenty of financial, TV ratings, info that no one else seems to have.

Just curious
Qman
Champion

LakeLions wrote:Do you work for the Lions, Oman?

You have plenty of financial, TV ratings, info that no one else seems to have.

Just curious

god no, all this stuff is on this newfangled interweb
Qman
Champion

Back on season tix renewals:

Went through my account online:
I might has missed this in the past but you can't put $100 down and pay the rest in April anymore
... but
the lions have a new 10-month payment plan which is pretty convenient on only cost is $1 (i guess this is to compete against the whitecaps 12-month program)
other options are all now -or- 50% now/50% April

Still a jersey isn't enough:
- 11th game for free (like the summer game they did this year) is a good start --- I hate paying fullprice for the f*ing preseason game
- food coupons again would entice me too

Its not really about price .. but its the value i get for my $720.
Like i have said in the past .. its not braley but the sideline SSH that have kept this team alive (... i know they make $9m last year but i'm talking over past 15yrs)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The free jersey offer seems to be a hit. I was surprised to see a lot of empty seats in my section at the start of the third quarter. People starting drifting back halfway through the quarter, all holding plastic bags. They had lined up and renewed at halftime to get their free jerseys. The guy who sits beside me hadn't seen the club's email and thought the offer was good that night only, so he happily waited to take advantage and tried to encourage me to go line up before it was too late. His only gripe was that he has four seats (two pairs in different rows) and was only entitled to one jersey as the account holder. He signed up for the monthly payment plan and thought it was a great deal.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:The free jersey offer seems to be a hit. I was surprised to see a lot of empty seats in my section at the start of the third quarter. People starting drifting back halfway through the quarter, all holding plastic bags. They had lined up and renewed at halftime to get their free jerseys. The guy who sits beside me hadn't seen the club's email and thought the offer was good that night only, so he happily waited to take advantage and tried to encourage me to go line up before it was too late. His only gripe was that he has four seats (two pairs in different rows) and was only entitled to one jersey as the account holder. He signed up for the monthly payment plan and thought it was a great deal.
Hmmm....he may want to follow up. Our season tickets are in my wife's name (a present to me) and she pointed out that it is per seat. If you look at the Lions' newsfeed and the item "It pays to be a Season Ticket Holder in 2016" (October 6) it states "For those that renew their seats by October 30th, the club is giving away a free men's, women's or infant's jersey for each seat renewed...."

So when they say per seat, I am assuming that means the number of tickets per account. So in our case, I would be expecting 2 jerseys.

Double-check the newsfeed above and get in touch with Ticket Sales and Fan Services.
Qman
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:The free jersey offer seems to be a hit. I was surprised to see a lot of empty seats in my section at the start of the third quarter. People starting drifting back halfway through the quarter, all holding plastic bags. They had lined up and renewed at halftime to get their free jerseys. The guy who sits beside me hadn't seen the club's email and thought the offer was good that night only, so he happily waited to take advantage and tried to encourage me to go line up before it was too late. His only gripe was that he has four seats (two pairs in different rows) and was only entitled to one jersey as the account holder. He signed up for the monthly payment plan and thought it was a great deal.
Hmmm....he may want to follow up. Our season tickets are in my wife's name (a present to me) and she pointed out that it is per seat. If you look at the Lions' newsfeed and the item "It pays to be a Season Ticket Holder in 2016" (October 6) it states "For those that renew their seats by October 30th, the club is giving away a free men's, women's or infant's jersey for each seat renewed...."

So when they say per seat, I am assuming that means the number of tickets per account. So in our case, I would be expecting 2 jerseys.

Double-check the newsfeed above and get in touch with Ticket Sales and Fan Services.
This was my understanding (its per seat).
Also, my seat neighbors at the game got two jerseys for two seats.
Rocko604
Rookie

Qman wrote:Back on season tix renewals:

the lions have a new 10-month payment plan which is pretty convenient on only cost is $1 (i guess this is to compete against the whitecaps 12-month program)
Why the hell are they not advertising this?! That should be all over social media, print, TV (god their commercials are awful) and radio. This is the first time I hearing about it.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rocko604 wrote:
Qman wrote:Back on season tix renewals:

Why the hell are they not advertising this?! That should be all over social media, print, TV (god their commercials are awful) and radio. This is the first time I hearing about it.
I got an email from the Lions today mentioning the monthly payment plan and reminding me to renew my season tickets and pick up a free jersey per seat at the game Saturday.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I renewed my three season tickets today and picked up my three free jerseys at the stadium. That's effectively a $300 discount on a $970 purchase. I'm happy, and some of my Christmas shopping is done early.
Dusty
Champion

Do you have a choice of jersey colours? All orange (home) or is there an away jersey (white??) ???
Ravi
Legend

Only 19,826 fans on hand for the crucial game against Winnipeg. And this on the heels of an impressive performance by the Lions a week before in front of a season-high crowd.