Jonathan Jennings Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Just saw the Highlights Jennings is NFL bound next year , he is too god to be in the CFL his arm and throw are too good not to keep NFL scouts aware of this guys talent .
Are you sure?

After last game you were wondering if he was one and done. You have made a very dramatic change in your evaluation of the player.

Maybe he has a bad game or two now that teams are aware of his abilties and prep for him. Will he still be a sure thing for the NFL? Maybe your evaluation goes back down again. :wink:

How would you rate him right now? Better than Zach Collaros? Better than Bo Levi Mitchell?

He is not too good to be in the CFL. He is just right for this league. Just IMO, mind you. Some of us are not overly impressed with the NFL, anyway. Many or most of us here might even prefer the CFL to the NFL.

Wally probably has him on at least a two year contract.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
dupsdell1
Champion

He is the next Russell Wilson of the NFL there is no way NFL teams will pass up on this guy he has the arm of a cannon he can scramble, he is 6 feet NFL ready .

The only reason he is in the CFL is to get into the NFL .
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I regret that earlier I mentioned the NFL in the other thread, in saying they should keep their mitts off of him. I am a fan of the CFL, not the NFL.

There is a very good chance he stays right here.

Enough of this topic for me.

He seems like a special player. Enjoy.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
dupsdell1
Champion

Listen to this he is NFL bound he does not even want to be in the CFL .

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nfldraftco ... ft-preview
dupsdell1
Champion

WestCoastJoe wrote:I regret that earlier I mentioned the NFL in the other thread, in saying they should keep their mitts off of him. I am a fan of the CFL, not the NFL.

I am a fan of both he should be in the real football league ( sorry the NFL )
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The last time I checked, the NFL still wants QBs that are 6'4", 220lbs, pocket passer and Jennings is a 6', 200lb., scrambler which is purrfect for the CFL. The Seahawks' HC Pete Carroll is the exception with Russell Wilson at QB.

When was the last time a QB went from the CFL to the NFL and stayed there? Why did Anthony Calvillo not get offers from the NFL? Was it because the NFL scouts and coaches don't have a very high regard for CFL QBs or is it small college QBs that they overlook or is it both? It sure looks that way to me. :popcorn:

And declaring a rookie QB ready to garner NFL interest after 2+ games in the CFL is, depending on your point of view, either overly optimistic or just plain delusional. :dizzy:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

dupsdell1 wrote:
Sackmaster wrote:and leave Lulay on the bench with his clipboard. The future is with this kid Jennings, Lulay is too inconsistent, misses too many open receivers and has little chance of avoiding pressure. This Jennings is the most exciting offensive player we have had since Printers in his mvp yr or Geroy in his. And I hope that Tedford is his own man and disregards Buono,s comments that Lulay is the number1.

Buono has made some questionable moves like letting both Logan and Brown go to leave us with a zero return game until we got Rainey. This team needs to give Jennings the ball to run with till the end of the season. Lulay is no longer the offensive leader of this team its clearly bomb away Jennings

he will be picked up by a NFL team guaranteed next year you will not see him in the cfl again

So what are the terms of your guarantee if you are wrong? How about admitting that you know a little bit about the NFL and almost nothing about the CFL? :tease:
Rodu
Champion

all it takes is to have one great CFL game and you're NFL bound :rotf:

against the team with the worst record might I add
pennw
Legend

dupsdell1 wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:I regret that earlier I mentioned the NFL in the other thread, in saying they should keep their mitts off of him. I am a fan of the CFL, not the NFL.

I am a fan of both he should be in the real football league ( sorry the NFL )
So you are saying the CFL is not a real football league ? Yet you are a fan of both ?
That podcast was interesting but it is a year old , what player in an American college doesn't aspire to play in the NFL ? My guess would be , they all do. I bet even Kevin Glenn would have said that immediately after his last college year .

Speaking of Glenn , last night sure was a tale of two QB's , the Riders sure looked like the Lions of last year with Glenn at the helm ,so glad he plays for them . Not all Wally's decisions are bad . Any rookie would have been better last year for us than Glenn . Interesting reading Riderfans opinions of Glenn , most would trade him for a roll of tape as they don't think he would even command a 7th round pick. Just read their game day thread .
QB Club 63
All Star

dupsdell1 wrote:Just saw the Highlights Jennings is NFL bound next year , he is too good to be in the CFL his arm and throw are too good not to keep NFL scouts aware of this guys talent .
Not likely. He doesn't fit into the NFL QB paradigm, so much so that when he did have a tryout, they thought he would be better as a receiver. Your predictions are as flawed as your grammar and spelling.
VictoriaFan
Starter

I was in Alaska last week and some burly local saw my Lions hat and was loving the CFL. Told me the NFL was boring compared to the CFL, he liked the pace, the passing, the kick returns. Superior football he told me.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Besides all that he'll be under contract to BC for at least 3 years, maybe 4. Rookie contracts include the option year and Wally never signs rookie QBS to anything less than 2+1 deals, usually 3+1.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
dawg3648
Rookie

First off ***** (no name calling please - MODS) his name is spelled Jennings. Not Jennyings....why are you still allowed on this board? You're a classic troll who spews constant negativity when on the off chance you are even able to form a proper sentence. This is Lions and CFL board..you have made it clear that you are an NFL fan and that league is superior. So why do you continue to come on here? The best Lions game in years and an obvious new star was born yesterday and you twist it around telling everyone he's gone next year. You have been warned in the past and I now request, once again, that you be removed once and for all from this board. Don't your Seahawks have a board that you can go and share your deep wisdom of football. Please just get the hell out of here.
peeby
Starter

I seem to recall that a CFL team whipped a team from the NFL last time they played. Bragging rights usually have something to back them up. Pro-Nflers have no such thing. Basically, they deal in hot air, and stale air at that.

But to the original poster, and others, Jennings played against the Saskatchewan Roughriders last night, not the Stampeders or Tigercats. As good as he looked, SK is a team of quitters who would rather take a lazy penalty than do their job. Plus, they had Kevin Glenn as the QB. Remember him from last year? What an inspiring leader, huh?

Personally, I want to see if Jennings can make Winnipeg look as bad. And better yet, let's see how he does against decent football teams before going ga-ga over him.
InUrFace
Rookie

dawg3648 wrote:First off idiot his name is spelled Jennings. Not Jennyings....why are you still allowed on this board? You're a classic troll who spews constant negativity when on the off chance you are even able to form a proper sentence. This is Lions and CFL board..you have made it clear that you are an NFL fan and that league is superior. So why do you continue to come on here? The best Lions game in years and an obvious new star was born yesterday and you twist it around telling everyone he's gone next year. You have been warned in the past and I now request, once again, that you be removed once and for all from this board. Don't your Seahawks have a board that you can go and share your deep wisdom of football. Please just get the hell out of here.
:beer: :rules: :wag: :yahoo: I have no words for that guy. Lets face it .. NFL is their on league and yes its all about money there and merchandising. Its also slower and boring at times. Until Play offs start. Thats just me.
CFL is exciting faster paced and love the field .. Three downs that made it more interesting than four downs that make it more longer to watch. I personally like and love CFL and if we had half the money NFL has this league would be on top. Period. Its a Canadian product and gives a chance for those who dont get real chances in the NFL and cast aways as well. We seen some stars from NFL that come here and dont cut it. So that says a lot .. They cant hang with the CFL. :popcorn: So those who prefer NFL dont bother us on here why bother even commenting or posting this is for real hard core fans of the Lions and CFL period!
Oh ya have a nice day A! lol