Head Coach - Lions announce Jeff Tedford as 2015 HC

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:Sorry guys this hiring is not going to sell season tickets, too much damage has been done, it is going to take a few years to get the fans back even if they win , to much stability has been lost with this team.
If that's true then this marketplace is dumber than dumb. For my money this is one of the most significant acquisitions for this franchise in the last decade.
*shrug*

You honestly think most people here had even heard of Tedford — who was at best a middling talent in his playing days here a generation ago, when many of the people the Lions are struggling to get past the gate were either not even born or still filling diapers — before his name came up for this hiring? Yes, you could probably tell me his shoe size; put your CFB fandom aside and explain why anyone here, before the last few weeks, would have given a *poop* about anything he did at Berkeley or anywhere else. Perhaps you could also provide specifics on what you feel would be a realistic attendance target in response to his hiring.

Even Ackles, who was a completely known and revered quantity when he came back here in 2002, didn't get things turned right away, as I pointed out a little while ago in this thread. To think Tedford, who comes in with basically NO established history in this market, could do any better is simply unrealistic. Even at Berkeley, a comparative hotbed of football next to this place, it took a couple years as I also pointed out.

Don't get me wrong — I hope he proves me completely out to lunch on this — but he will defy a lot of history in this market if crowds get even into the high 30k's by the end of 2015.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Yes I do remember 2002 but when wally cam in with Dickenson in 2003 things were looking up they averaged around 23,000 then in 2004 close to 25,000 and so on, this is how it is going to be , I tell you if this fails with this coach I could see the lions going from 15,000 season tickets to 10,000 just like it was in 2001.
Yes, those first two WB years were still below the currrent all-time average of ~27,700. This was with one of (not yet THE at the time admittedly) the most successful head coaches ever in league history at the helm for two seasons and Ackles in the 3rd season of his re-building project and crowds were still running below historical average.

I see the Tedford hiring as much about creating a new foundation to build on as anything else. Whether by action or omission on the Lions' part, or because of external pressures, much of the new fanbase that Ackles had developed in his time has become estranged from the team, at least in terms of ticket sales. Getting Tedford on board won't get them all scrambling for their phones to dial 589-ROAR, just like that.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

So I guess we won't be seeing this for much longer.

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

sj-roc wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:Sorry guys this hiring is not going to sell season tickets, too much damage has been done, it is going to take a few years to get the fans back even if they win , to much stability has been lost with this team.
If that's true then this marketplace is dumber than dumb. For my money this is one of the most significant acquisitions for this franchise in the last decade.
*shrug*

You honestly think most people here had even heard of Tedford — who was at best a middling talent in his playing days here a generation ago, when many of the people the Lions are struggling to get past the gate were either not even born or still filling diapers — before his name came up for this hiring? Yes, you could probably tell me his shoe size; put your CFB fandom aside and explain why anyone here, before the last few weeks, would have given a *poop* about anything he did at Berkeley or anywhere else. Perhaps you could also provide specifics on what you feel would be a realistic attendance target in response to his hiring.

Even Ackles, who was a completely known and revered quantity when he came back here in 2002, didn't get things turned right away, as I pointed out a little while ago in this thread. To think Tedford, who comes in with basically NO established history in this market, could do any better is simply unrealistic. Even at Berkeley, a comparative hotbed of football next to this place, it took a couple years as I also pointed out.

Don't get me wrong — I hope he proves me completely out to lunch on this — but he will defy a lot of history in this market if crowds get even into the high 30k's by the end of 2015.

Lions4life might be right about the Tedford signing being the most significant in decades, but unless you are an avid collage football fan like L4L then you won't have a clue who Tedford is. As a long time CFL fan but not a follower of NCAA football, I vaguely remember Tedford as a CFL QB.

Of course after reading Tedford's resume I am on board and excited with the potential positive impact that he could have as a Lions HC. However is the average fan who might go to a game or is considering season tickets going to look into the new HC's resume to make a purchase decision? Probably not I'm afraid. It will be on field results that will sell tickets.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

This is not someone who is going to bring lost fans in right out of the gate.

But if it improves the product on the field, the fans will come.

You don't, or at least shouldn't, expect fans to come rushing to the phone based on a Head Coaching hire. That represents rather short sighted thinking, much as the way, say, guaranteeing a win or offering fans a free ticket to a future game represents short sighted thinking. Right?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I think what might sell a few tickets now is his pedigree and background and the media spin that he's really here taking half of what he can get down south or worse even.

One Bears' fan and blogger -not a sports writer- denounced his QB guru status in 2008 this way:

http://www.beyondchron.org/reassessing- ... f-tedford/
As another Big Game approaches, it is time to revisit some core assumptions about Cal football coach Jeff Tedford. For example, if he really is a quarterback “guru,” why has Cal failed to have effective play at that position since 2004? And if really is an offensive “genius,” why has the team’s offensive performed so poorly the past few seasons? Tedford clearly turned around a dismal Cal program, and I was among the many Cal fans that once viewed him in Bill Walsh-like terms. But four years of disappointing performances fit a pattern, and Tedford’s capacities appear to have been greatly overestimated.

Tedford’s Quarterback Record

Tedford won fame as a quarterback guru after mentoring Trent Dilfer at Fresno State, Akili Smith and Joey Harrington at Oregon, and Kyle Boller at Cal. Some credit him for Aaron Rodgers, but he arrived at Cal as a JC transfer and then left after one year.

But since Rodgers’ departure, Cal fans have suffered through Joe Ayoob, Nate Longshore and Kevin Riley. All three quarterbacks appeared to regress under Tedford’s tutelage, Riley most of all.

The result? Cal has lacked a stellar quarterback despite Tedford’s reputation.

Meanwhile, Oregon, who once employed Tedford, still finds ways to get good quarterback
Later he had this in his blog:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/randy-sha ... 77883.html

For Top Brass at Both BART and UC Berkeley, Impunity Prevails
Posted: 12/05/2013 9:49 am EST Updated: 02/04/2014 5:59 am EST
At UC Berkeley, an athletic director still has her job despite plunging the school into a financial crisis and presiding over embarrassing failures in the classroom and on the field.

And no coach could survive a record as bad as Cal Athletic Director Sandy Barbour, whose contract extension to a failed football coach cost the school $6.9 million....

Barbour made former Cal football coach Jeff Tedford the highest-paid public employee in California, and then gave him a five-year contract extension when there was absolutely no risk that he could get anywhere near as much money elsewhere.
I wrote on November 18, 2008, that under Tedford, Cal's football program "is going in reverse." That proved an understatement. Jeff Tedford destroyed the Cal football program. He is largely to blame for his successor's atrocious 1-11 season in 2013 which saw Cal give up an astonishing 551 points, or 46 points a game.

Thanks to Barbour's ignoring fundamental rules of economics, the regular Cal budget was spending $10 million annually bailing out football's deficit. This bailout occurred as UC Berkeley was imposing record high annual tuition hikes on students.

The final straw for me came from the SF Chronicle's Ann Killion reporting on Cal's football and basketball programs having the worst graduation rates in the nation.

Tedford's contract:
Several readers have pointed out my misunderstanding of the fine details of Jeff Tedford’s contract. I’m an idiot at this stuff and that’s why I’m not a lawyer. From what I understand — and I still could be wrong — he is employed through 2015. The university pays him $225,000 per year and the bulk of his $2.3 million comes from outside sources including donors and according to one person who wrote to me, Nike. I went online and found Tedford’s contract. He is a public employee and his contract is a matter of public record. To read it click here. Could someone explain it to me?
http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/160 ... and-white/

A quick scan of this contract fails to come up with any suggestion that his student athletes actually have to graduate.
His Cal Contract is better than any they'd give a research scientist who might cure cancer, end HIV, etc. Talk about excesses in US college sport - amazing where their values lie:

An interesting read.
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/Californi ... otSeat.pdf
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

Here is a look at the Tedford era at California. Speaking of the fan base, Tedford was used to playing at home games in front of sell out crowds of 61,000.
Tedford Era

California began a renaissance under Jeff Tedford, who dramatically turned around the long-suffering program. Under Tedford the Golden Bears posted eight consecutive winning seasons, a feat that had not been accomplished since the days of Pappy Waldorf. After being ruled ineligible for a bowl game in 2002 due to academic infractions under the previous administration, Cal also appeared in seven straight bowl games.

The Jeff Tedford era began with a bang, as California defeated Baylor 70–22, and went on to finish 7–5, their first winning season since 1993. The 2002 team defeated three nationally ranked opponents on the road for the first time in school history including Cal's first win over conference foe Washington in 26 years, and won the annual Big Game against archrival Stanford for the first time in eight years.

In 2003 the Golden Bears posted an 8–6 record, highlighted by a dramatic 34–31 triple-overtime victory over No. 3 ranked and eventual national co-champion USC. This victory revived a long moribund rivalry with the Trojans, even as the Trojans reemerged as a national power under Pete Carroll. In the Insight Bowl, the Bears edged Virginia Tech 52–49 on a last-second field goal.

Tedford left Cal with the most bowl wins (5), conference wins (50), and games coached (139) in the school's history. He also tied Pappy Waldorf for most Big Game wins (7) against Stanford. During his tenure, Cal produced 40 players drafted by the NFL, including eight first-round picks.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Today will be a big day for the Lions ushering in Jeff Tedford as our new HC...Joe, Blitz and I have long argued that the CFL has become a different beast through the development of strong coaching league wide over the past 5 years. To be able to compete as a franchise, we had to bring in someone that could compete with Hufnagel, Jones, Chambliss, Austin and Milanovich. It appears that Wally has achieved this with Jeff Tedford.

But the hiring today, by NO MEANS, suggests that we are in the clear as a franchise. I have argued strongly that from 2008 (and really long before) the Lions have been on a downward slide under the leadership of Wally Buono because of his irrational allegiance to coaches that are NO LONGER CFL RELEVANT! Thus, we are still balancing over the precipice even after today until we find out who Tedford hires as his assistants. Will he do an exhaustive search for the best possible people to help him create a champion here, or will he settle for what is already here hoping that his history will be enough to help them to achieve more??? We don't know. Already Buono has crossed lines with Washington having dinner with Tedford...what MUST happen is for Tedford to conduct HIS OWN INTERVIEWS with all current staff, all currently available CFL coordinators (like Cortez, Hall and LaPolice) and with people he has his eye on. From there, the answers will become evident for Tedford.

But if Tedford takes the Wally way and keeps the existing staff for "continuity" reasons, this franchise will be in major trouble...because we all need to understand this, Tedford's coaching record does mean he sticks out like a sore thumb in the CFL coaching ranks...he is just another high quality CFL coach, like many others already here...with Tedford we can compete for an championship, not go 17-1 and win a GC! If Tedford gets pressured and makes the mistake of keeping terrible Asst. Coaches this franchise will continue to struggle, only now with a large amount of money invested into the HC position! So the next month will be the most crucial 30 days in this franchise's modern history...Tedford needs to take his time to make the RIGHT CHOICES for who he surrounds himself with to ensure success in BC...here's to hoping he does!!!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Honestly a complete house cleaning of coaches is not a good idea.

The interview process and review of prior performance should determine if the assistants still here are on the same page or not. If Jones for example was stopped from running a more creative offense than he intended that should be taken into account IMO. But the Dorazio as OL coach and Bates as RB coach need a fix. Bates is a good coach and a keeper but gimme a freaking break. I don't care how many pro games an OLinemen has played and championships, there is not a OLineman who is capable in instilling a running game nor coaching a RB as to how to hit a hole or break to the out or inside in the secondary.

I will accept that an offensive lineman can help teach a RB how to key off the blocking but the RB once he breaks the LOS must be looking for holes not obstacles!!! It is just like being on an on ramp waiting to break into to bumper to bumper freeway traffic. You teach the novice driver to focus on the gaps to enter.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Honestly a complete house cleaning of coaches is not a good idea.

The interview process and review of prior performance should determine if the assistants still here are on the same page or not. If Jones for example was stopped from running a more creative offense than he intended that should be taken into account IMO. But the Dorazio as OL coach and Bates as RB coach need a fix. Bates is a good coach and a keeper but gimme a freaking break. I don't care how many pro games an OLinemen has played and championships, there is not a OLineman who is capable in instilling a running game nor coaching a RB as to how to hit a hole or break to the out or inside in the secondary.

I will accept that an offensive lineman can help teach a RB how to key off the blocking but the RB once he breaks the LOS must be looking for holes not obstacles!!! It is just like being on an on ramp waiting to break into to bumper to bumper freeway traffic. You teach the novice driver to focus on the gaps to enter.
You raise a good point, Toppy. To follow that up, can a man coach offensive linemen, if that person has never played O Line? I think so, but it is tricky. Easier, it seems to me, if the coach has played that position.

Coaching, as we all know, is not cut and dried. No one knows more about O Line play than Howard Mudd. But Mudd admits he failed miserably in trying to teach Danny Watkins how to play O Line. Watkins was better in college, where it was kept simpler, and he could dominate with his amazing athletic gifts. I think one could say Howard Mudd over-coached Watkins, and killed his confidence.

I don't think Kelly Bates can teach a running back how to make a would-be tackler miss. No one can teach that. To me, that is an instinctive gift. But Bates drills them, motivates them, keeps them focused, teaches them the plays. He does coach them, and well, IMO.

Former O Lineman Vince Lombardi coached up a pretty good running game. Run to Daylight. And Lombardi was a quarterback coach (as with Bart Starr and Sonny Jurgensen) before that even became a specialty.

Just some observations ... and they are just in my opinion.
New York Giants. In 1954, Lombardi, age 41, began his NFL career with the New York Giants. He accepted a job that would later become known as the offensive coordinator position under new head coach Jim Lee Howell.[61] The Giants had finished the previous season under 23-year coach Steve Owen with a 3–9 record. By the third season, Lombardi, along with the defensive coordinator, former All-Pro cornerback turned coach Tom Landry, turned the squad into a championship team, defeating the Chicago Bears 47–7 for the league title in 1956. "Howell readily acknowledged the talents of Lombardi and Landry, and joked self-deprecatingly, that his main function was to make sure the footballs had air in them."[62] ... In New York, Lombardi introduced the strategy of rule blocking to the NFL.[citation needed] In rule blocking, the offensive lineman would block an area, and not necessarily a particular defensive player, as was the norm up to that time.[66] The running back then was expected to run toward any hole that was created. Lombardi referred to this as running to daylight. -- Wikipedia
As I noted on here at one time, I recall reading an article many years ago about those Giants teams. A sports reporter was in the Giants' offices. He walked by Howell's office. He had his feet up on the desk, reading the sports page in the local paper. He went by Lombardi's office. Lombardi, who ran the offence, was studying film, making notes. He went by Landry's office. Landry, who ran the defence, was studying film, making notes.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

News 1130 ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Over coaching is definitely what makes hockey at the pro level less than successful as these coaches make the game too complicated when it is basically nothing more complex than passing and puck control.

OL coaching under Dorazio has simply not worked well and this a clear case of analysis/paralysis.

I knew every role on the team when I played football and technically knew every blocking assignment for every person - BUT I'd stop there and not tell a off. linemen how to do his job but I guess you learn some basic principles. The Esks canned Stubler as they felt he was not a teacher - likely true but bringing in a former Off. lineman to coach the line on techniqes is a good thing.

The game is far more complex today than in the old days of Lombardi et all as technology is showing what is happening now on every play and breaking down a game film is so much easier and clearer than old films.

BUT when I hear of assistants going back to the office to break down game film post game for review and grading for the next morning I question how effective that coach will be over the long season. I honestly think that a game has to digest in a coach's mind first and an over focus on individual grades for line play, etc takes the focus off team play potentially and players then play to not look bad or make errors.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:News 1130 ...

That then would have to be Neil McEvoy. Who else is there? Not sure why this is being said other than to make it clear to Tedford he's not a candidate - at least for now.

If his rec'dation for GM is Tedford, then that is premature so by default it must be Neil McEvoy.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:News 1130 ...

That then would have to be Neil McEvoy. Who else is there? Not sure why this is being said other than to make it clear to Tedford he's not a candidate - at least for now.

If his rec'dation for GM is Tedford, then that is premature so by default it must be Neil McEvoy.
I think the hard working Neil McAvoy is the obvious choice to succeed Wally as GM.

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Email from WB to STHs:
It gives me great pleasure and pride to announce Jeff Tedford as our new head coach of the BC Lions. It is an exciting day for our organization as we hand the coaching reins to an incredibly accomplished football coach, terrific person and a bright, innovative mind.

I had the tremendous opportunity to work with Coach Tedford in Calgary from 1989-91 after he played six seasons at quarterback in the CFL. It was in that short time that he made a lasting impression as an offensive coach. He was crucial in inventing the six-receiver set offenses that became synonymous with the fast-paced, wide-open passing game that the CFL had become known for, and the NFL and NCAA have adopted since. And it is that type of creativity and aggressiveness that I look forward to seeing as the style of play for our Lions under his tutelage.

He went on to build programs in the NCAA, most-notably as head coach at the University of California-Berkley for 11 seasons, compiling the most victories in school history. Through his college and NFL coaching, he has worked with and made stars of some of the biggest players that have played the game, including Aaron Rodgers and Marshawn Lynch. A very sought-after and talented coach, I’m pleased to have him join us as we build our team towards winning the 2015 Grey Cup and continued success for many years to follow.

For me, it was important to find a leader that has competed, and won against the highest-level of coaches in the game of football. Jeff has done that. It was also important to have somebody who knows the Canadian game very well. He has played in our league, coached in our league, excelled in our league and respects our league. Having Jeff Tedford coach us not only elevates the BC Lions, but I firmly believe it raises the bar for the entire CFL.

With that, I look forward to formally introducing Coach Tedford at a press conference this afternoon at 4pm. And I would like to invite you, our passionate fans, to watch the conference as we live stream it on BCLions.com.

You can view the official press release here.

I want to thank you for your tremendous loyalty to our organization and your support. I wish you and your family all the best during this holiday season and I look forward to having you join Coach Tedford and all of us in 2015 for what will be an exciting year of football for our BC Lions.

Merry Christmas!

Wally Buono
GM & Vice-President of Football Ops
BC Lions Football Club
Press release:

http://bclions.com/article/lions-name-j ... head-coach
BC Lions officially name Jeff Tedford as head coach Friday, December 19th, 2014

The BC Lions Football Club is pleased to officially announce this morning that Jeff Tedford has been named head coach.

Tedford becomes the 25th head coach in club history and brings a wealth of experience to the organization after serving most notably at the University of California-Berkley for 11 seasons (’02-’12).

“Jeff has competed on football’s biggest stages and achieved great success,” said Lions VP of football operations and GM Wally Buono. “It speaks volumes about our organization and our league that a coach of Jeff’s stature and appeal has chosen the Lions as his next great challenge.”

A native of Lynwood, California, Tedford departed Cal in 2012 with an 82-57 record, the most wins by a head coach in school history as well as five victories in eight postseason bowl appearances, a share of the PAC-10 title in 2006 and an NCAA ranking that reached as high as number two in 2007.

“I am excited and honoured to be the head coach of the BC Lions,” said Tedford. “The Canadian Football League has remained close to my heart since my days as a player and as an assistant in Calgary. Joining the Lions today is the beginning of a new chapter and I look forward to the challenge of bringing a championship to BC. My thanks go out to David Braley, Dennis Skulskyand of course Wally Buono for giving me this opportunity and I can’t wait to get started.”

A graduate of Fresno State and a former CFL quarterback from 1983 to 1988 with stops in Hamilton, Calgary, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg, Tedford is reunited with Wally Buono with whom he worked with and under in Calgary as an offensive assistant from 1989 to 1991.

Earning a renowned reputation as an offensive innovator, Tedford enjoyed remarkable success at each of his collegiate stops including Fresno State (’92-’97), Oregon (’98-’01) and California while tutoring some of the NFL’s highest-drafted pivots including Aaron Rodgers, Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller.

Note: Wally Buono and Jeff Tedford will be available to the media today at the club’s Surrey practice facility (dressing room) beginning at 4:00 pm.
Bio: http://www.bclions.com/page/jeff-tedford-head-coach
Jeff begins his first season as the club’s 25th head coach in team history and brings a long and successful coaching resume back to the CFL.

Born in California, Jeff played quarterback at Fresno State where he led the Bulldogs to a PCAA championship in 1982 and a dramatic one-point win in the California Bowl. Signing with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1983, Tedford embarked on a six-year CFL career which also included stops in Calgary, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg.

He joined the coaching staff of the Calgary Stampeders as an offensive assistant in 1989 and worked under head coach Wally Buono until departing for Fresno State in 1992. After coaching quarterbacks for one season, Tedford earned the position of offensive coordinator, a title he held from 1993 to 1997 tutoring future NFL pivots such as Trent Dilfer, Billy Volek and David Carr.

In 1998, Jeff took on the role of offensive coordinator at the University of Oregon where over the next four years, he would help the Ducks establish record of 38-10, tops in the PAC-10 Conference during that period of time. He would also help to develop more future NFL quarterbacks in Joey Harrington, Akili Smith and A.J. Feely.

In 2002, Jeff was hired by the University of California where he became the 32nd head coach in school history. Taking over a program that hadn’t enjoyed a winning season in the previous eight years, Tedford quickly transformed the Golden Bear program into a national powerhouse and offensive juggernaut.

In just his first season, Tedford led Cal to a 7-5 record including wins over conference rivals Washington and Stanford breaking previous losing streaks of 19 and seven years respectively. The dramatic turnaround earned him PAC-10 Coach of the Year honours which he also picked up again in 2004.

Tedford enjoyed eight-consecutive winning seasons through 2009 and led the Golden Bears to a school-best five postseason bowl wins in his first seven appearances. In 2006, he guided the school to its first PAC-10 title since 1975 and a top-15 national ranking. By 2010, he became the school’s all-time leader in coaching wins (75), conference wins (50) and games coached (139).

Departing Cal following the 2012 season, Tedford’s reputation for tireless effort and offensive innovation had not only helped the school reestablish itself among PAC-10 powers such as USC and Oregon, but also develop some of football’s biggest names including Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, Shane Vereen among 40 future NFL draft selections.

In 2014, Jeff was hired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as offensive coordinator but stepped down for personal reasons and departed the club in December.
4pm on a Friday, the last one before Christmas even, seems sub-optimal for a presser to announce a new coach. I get the timing issues but it seems morning would have been preferable if it had to be today?
Last edited by sj-roc on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.