Which gets Vancouver more attention: the Olympics or NBA?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which gets Vancouver more attention: the Olympics or NBA?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:14 pm

2010 Olympics
75%
Portland Trailblazers possibly moving here
25%

Total votes: 28
smphantom
Legend

120db - I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, as I can't see David Stern and the NBA Governors allowing another team to be placed in Vancouver. They will do all they can to have another city in the US take the Jailblazers.
Stay thirsty my friends.
120dB
Legend

Howard Kelsey is dreaming.... dreaming..... that's okay, I like to dream too....

Aquilini is a funny guy. First Howard Kelsey says Aquilini placed a call to Trailblazers owner Paul Allen and the reaction was "positive"?, now Aquilini says he has no interest? B.S.

Aquilini acts like the sort of B.S.er that would sell the Canucks to someone who would move the Canucks right out of Vancouver. Or mabey Aquilini will move the Canucks right out of Vancouver. He's like John McGaw and Bellringer was; he doesn't say much, and when he does, he steps in it....

If it sounds as if I'm pissed about how this NBA story has developed, I am. Another example of how small-league this little city really is, run by a bunch of clowns who step in it as soon as they open their mouth.

Paul Allen can take his team and shove it.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:let me weigh in on what Expo 86 did for the Lower Mainland. Its legacy is unsustainable growth, an influx of greedy developers, a downtown that has shifted overwhelmingly towards mostly unattractive glass and steel highrise condos, leading to a ridiculously skewed ratio between condos and office towers. More importantly, just 20 years later, Expo 86 has kept most native Vancouverites from ever dreaming of being able to afford a decent sized home in their own town. :thdn:
With the 20th anniversary of Expo 86 coming up, you raise an interesting point. The picture at this site was taken during Expo 86. At that time, there were very few glass condos and office towers. So much has changed since them.

http://www.globalairphotos.com/large/BC ... 1986/030/2