2017 CFB National Championship Game

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

Who saw last night's US College Football National Championship game?!

Wow! What a game. Like last year's game between the same two teams, this one was a close, hard-fought battle--and it came down to essentially the last play for Clemson to win it 35-31.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... mpionship/

Just great football--great talent, great game-planning and execution, and lots of drama. Clemson QB Deshaun Watson is definitely NFL-ready.

Doesn't matter where you live, if you like football, it doesn't get any better than this.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Fantastic game! After two dud semi-final games and a very underwhelming NFL playoff weekend it was a welcome relief.

Always pull for Washington with the proximity to here but now realize the difference between Clemson and the Huskies was massive. And it's mainly because of Watson at quarterback over Browning. Kid had ice water going through his veins, especially on that game winning drive. Just calmly used almost every last second on the clock. Clemson also had some great receivers in Williams, Leggatt and Renfrow. Can't say enough about their right tackle too Sean Pollard an 18 year-old true freshman going about against that Tide defence and more than holding his own.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I thought Clemson was going to run out of time with the time management in that last drive. They appeared nonchalant with the time clock running down.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I had read something a few weeks back where it was reported that Wally had neg listed 'Bama freshman QB Jalen Hurts earlier in the fall.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:I had read something a few weeks back where it was reported that Wally had neg listed 'Bama freshman QB Jalen Hurts earlier in the fall.
Hurts is on our neg list ... saw that on twitter yesterday a bunch of times

issue is will he be a good enough passer to play pro football, definately has all the other tools.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Qman wrote:
Hambone wrote:I had read something a few weeks back where it was reported that Wally had neg listed 'Bama freshman QB Jalen Hurts earlier in the fall.
Hurts is on our neg list ... saw that on twitter yesterday a bunch of times

issue is will he be a good enough passer to play pro football, definately has all the other tools.
He's a 18 year old freshman. He has 3 more years to work on that. I've seen parts of 3 'Bama games in the past 6 weeks. He relies on his legs more than a pro team would like but also has delivered some nice balls too. I suspect as he to develop he'll start throwing more and running less.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Jeremy25
prospect

I could not watch that game.