2015-16 Vancouver Canucks/NHL Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Dennis Wideman of Calgary Flames suspended 20 games for running into a linesman. Will cost him $564,164.20
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blockbuster 9 player trade between the Leafs and Senators. Guess the Leafs are freeing up some cap space for a run at Steven Stamkos

http://www.tsn.ca/maple-leafs-deal-d-ph ... e-1.435458
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Why are the Canucks beating the Colorado Avalanche tonight ? Didn't they get the memo to tank for a lottery pick ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Calgary for Markus Granlund.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Why are the Canucks beating the Colorado Avalanche tonight ? Didn't they get the memo to tank for a lottery pick ?

Looks like the Avalanche just had one of those nights against a goal tender who was really hot. Could easily have been three Av goals not including the one they did get.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

Was at the game last night and could not believe the luck the Avalanche had, it could have easily been 4-1, 5-1 the other way. Miller was hot last night.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jack Johnson declares bankruptcy. He has a $30 million and he's bankrupt ??

http://www.tsn.ca/bankrupt-nhler-in-fig ... e-1.441730
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looks like the Black Hawks are loading up for another run at the Stanley Cup. They reacquired Ladd from the Jets, tonight they got Dale Weise and Thomas Fleischman from the Canadiens.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

BC 1988
Legend

With CHI eliminated, all the previous champions going back to 2010 are out. Also, TB is the only finalist left from that time frame. Something to look forward to--new contenders.

One thing I hope to see in the 2nd round is losing the homer regional US broadcast crews for many of the games. There has been very little CDN content so far, and the broadcast ratings are suffering as a result. Of course, having no CDN teams in it is also a contributing factor, but not for hard-core fans.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:There has been very little CDN content so far, and the broadcast ratings are suffering as a result. Of course, having no CDN teams in it is also a contributing factor, but not for hard-core fans.
Given the fact that the Canucks and the other Canadian-based NHL teams are not in the playoffs, then is there a third tiebreaker as to who you will root for?

A factor that I brought up before was a team that contains ex-Canucks for affinity reasons. So which team will you support?
Now that Roberto Luongo and his Florida Panthers have been eliminated, I guess the remaining obvious choice would be Ryan Kesler and his Anaheim Ducks.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
BC 1988
Legend

Robbie wrote:
BC 1988 wrote:There has been very little CDN content so far, and the broadcast ratings are suffering as a result. Of course, having no CDN teams in it is also a contributing factor, but not for hard-core fans.
Given the fact that the Canucks and the other Canadian-based NHL teams are not in the playoffs, then is there a third tiebreaker as to who you will root for?

A factor that I brought up before was a team that contains ex-Canucks for affinity reasons. So which team will you support?
Now that Roberto Luongo and his Florida Panthers have been eliminated, I guess the remaining obvious choice would be Ryan Kesler and his Anaheim Ducks.
Most Vancouver fans would say "anyone but Anaheim" but I'm ambivalent about Kesler/Bieksa having a chance to get there. I doubt they will make it to the final. (They'll be lucky to get past NSH).

I'd like to see some team that has great (but long-suffering) fan support win. Right now STL, WSH, SJS and NSH are all in that category.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

well, I usually cheer for Detroit, L.A., Philly, and NYR

Since they are gone, I now cheer for teams that have never won.

this leaves, Blues, hopefully preds, Sharks, Caps, in that order.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
BC 1988
Legend

The NHL Draft Lottery original top 6 seedings 1. TOR 2. EDM 3.VAN 4. CBJ 5. CGY 6. WPG
The eventual draw placements 1.TOR 2. WPG 3. CBJ 4. EDM 5. VAN 6. CGY
and everyone else ended up in their exact same places.

So the biggest losers are EDM and VAN both dropping 2 spots. WPG has to be pretty happy with moving up 4 spots. It was reported Trevor Linden took his '70-71 Pat Quinn hockey card with him for luck, and GM Benning admitted he spent a "few hours" playing with the online lottery simulator. The Canucks even hosted a lottery selection party today.

Typical Canuck luck. Maybe the curse of Phil Esposito is still in effect.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Had to chuckle at TSN (Toronto Sports Network) raving at the prospect of Matthews playing in Toronto. Wouldn't it be really funny if Matthews pulls a Eric Lindros ?