Canuck camp to Prince George

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Linden was up in PG today to announce that the 2015 Canucks training camp will be held at the CN Centre in Prince George this year..........a convenient 500 yard walk from my front door.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:Linden was up in PG today to announce that the 2015 Canucks training camp will be held at the CN Centre in Prince George this year..........a convenient 500 yard walk from my front door.
I like the job Linden is doing and he's done an amazing job for really not having ANY related experience to the role he was put into. Yes, he's been in business and yes, he's had role in the PA but what he was faced with instantly was nothing he had faced in the past. One bad decision - GM or HC - and that franchise was heading down the toilet for a few more years.

That deal is good for PG and their hockey community. They have nice facilities there.

Good for you too if you are a Canucks fan. I guess it's easy (?) for them to get to Edmonton and Calgary from there for pre-season games (?) if that factors in at all.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Just like CFL camps Toppy NHL training camps aren't what they used to be. The days of players using training camp to get into shape are long gone. These guys show up ready to hit the ice running. I can't remember for sure but if I recall when the Canucks trained in Courtenay in the late 70s they were there for at least 6 or 7 days. Now the formal part of training camp is down to 3 days. The Canucks will do their medicals the morning of September 17th then depart for PG. Training camp ends on the 20th and they head back to Vancouver to start the exhibition season.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.