Xs and Os with Chip Kelly

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Our season is done.

Still got some football interest.

Here is a brief video of Kelly and Meyer talking some Xs and Os.

Spread Offence.

Triple Option.

Play Action Pass.

Bubble Screen.

Must have buy in, they say. No one is married to an offence or a defence. If the guys could run Power I, that is what they would do, says Kelly.

Gotta adapt.

I don't study the Xs and Os at this time in my life, or know as much as Blitz or MLF, but I do find it interesting. At some times, more than others.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I watch very little NFL these days. Nor NCAA. But I do watch some scores, et cetera as they hit the media.

Never saw Chip Kelly with Oregon.

But the way his teams play is very interesting.

A chance to pick up on some Xs and Os with these YouTube videos.

Just started watching this longer one. More later ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Thanks for posting WCJ, I don't have time to watch right now but I will, the topic interests me..... Will post my thoughts after I've seen the vids....
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Thanks for posting WCJ, I don't have time to watch right now but I will, the topic interests me..... Will post my thoughts after I've seen the vids....
Cool, nota. I will take a deep look also.

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Lots of good meat/potatoes in those VID's, WCJ. Thanks again for posting. Watched them all.

Coach Kelly said so many good things, IMO. Like building for your talent, not being married to a particular system (as you noted in your intro post).

Betcha the Eagles will be a leader in the NFC East until the other teams adapt more to his style. For eg making teams DEFEND the entire field, the tempo etc.....
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Lots of good meat/potatoes in those VID's, WCJ. Thanks again for posting. Watched them all.

Coach Kelly said so many good things, IMO. Like building for your talent, not being married to a particular system (as you noted in your intro post).

Betcha the Eagles will be a leader in the NFC East until the other teams adapt more to his style. For eg making teams DEFEND the entire field, the tempo etc.....
You're welcome, nota. I thought the videos were quite good. Thus the posting. I have yet to find time to dig into them beyond the little I have done so far.

It is always amazing to see a top professional, in any field, doing their thing. An Xs and Os guy like Kelly sees so much, so fast. He knows how to attack, how to set things up.

Will get more time later to dig into it.

Cheers ...

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Looks like Darron Thomas at QB for the Ducks there. Think he's been biding his time in the Arena League in Portland.