Official NFL Thread: 2014-2015 Season

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I guess all the politicians north of the 49th can fold away their 12 flag for another year.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I guess all the politicians north of the 49th can fold away their 12 flag for another year.
I said the exact same thing on another forum LOL.

I had no dog in this fight and I feel for the 'Hawks fans; on the other hand this result looks good on the pols.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
South Pender
Legend

Well, that's a wrap on the 2014 NFL season--with an exciting finish involving two excellent--and likeable (IMO) teams. Unfortunately, we are now entering football withdrawal, a serious condition leading to depression, anxiety, and several other pathologies (therapy is available.... :wink: ). More than 4 months until the beginning of the CFL and 6 until another NFL season is upon us. Still, events in the off-season can produce mild symptom alleviation--like the free-agency period, and later the draft, in both leagues.

So onward and upward. Let's now officially start the NFL 2015-2016 season thread.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:Well, that's a wrap on the 2014 NFL season--with an exciting finish involving two excellent--and likeable (IMO) teams. Unfortunately, we are now entering football withdrawal, a serious condition leading to depression, anxiety, and several other pathologies (therapy is available.... :wink: ). More than 4 months until the beginning of the CFL and 6 until another NFL season is upon us. Still, events in the off-season can produce mild symptom alleviation--like the free-agency period, and later the draft, in both leagues.

So onward and upward. Let's now officially start the NFL 2015-2016 season thread.
a good solution is to get out and play football, any type of football. Too bad they don't have an over 50 touch league.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back