Official NFL Thread: 2014-2015 Season

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:Sanchez is gone. Michael Vick signed with the Jets.
Re Incognito, evidently the NFL will require an assessment by medical/psychological experts before he's allowed to play. In my opinion, that will happen, and he'll sign on somewhere. I don't think the NFL wants a lawsuit from Incognito over this.
Yah, I posted this after Sanchez had been cut/Vick signed but I hadn't found out yet.... Obviously you can see I was NOT at all surprised. Sanchez could be one of those guys who goes on to do a lot better in a different evironment, guess we'll see.
Vick? SUre it sounds a little cocky. Playing in New York with a guy like Rex Ryan as the Coach? Maybe it was a little mellow :cool: This is a coach who doesn't mind spouting off about his team and/or how they are going to beat other teams.

Maybe at one time but the NFL doesn't want lawsuits from anyone over these kinds of things. Its weird, IMO, because I can easily see lawsuits from both parties (Incognito and Martin) as a result of the fallout from this. Culture CAN NOT be shaped via statements from the Commish/BoardGovernors but IT CAN BE IMPACTED. So, much of it comes back to a common complaint I have. If we spent 10% of the time honouring our individual responsiblities that accompany the individual rights we are so quick to demand to be honoured, lots of CRAP would not occur. Just my :2cents:
South Pender
Legend

Just for fun, something I noticed on ESPN:

From ESPN - Sound-Off Saturday results on top 5 QBs
March, 24, 2014 By Terry Blount | ESPN.com

It was close, but the Sound-off Saturday voters made the Denver Broncos' Peyton Manning their top pick over the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers as the No. 1 quarterback in the NFL in a vote of top-5 signal callers.

Manning was selected No. 1 on 38 percent of the ballots between ESPN.com and my Twitter page. Rodgers received 34 percent of the first-place votes.

New England quarterback Tom Brady was a distant third on No. 1 votes. But it might surprise you who came in fourth, or maybe not since this is the Seahawks blog. Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson edged out New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees for the fourth choice of No. 1 votes, getting two more votes than Brees.

Eleven quarterbacks received at least one vote somewhere in the top 5 -- Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Brees, Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers, Nick Foles, Colin Kaepernick, Matthew Stafford and Ben Roethlisberger.

One voter did an obvious bottom five, which wasn’t counted.

One of the Sound-Off Saturday questions this time was whether you felt Wilson was top-5 quarterback. Well, 73 percent of you placed Wilson somewhere in the top 5.

Averaging out all the votes, here’s the top-5 among the voters:

1. Manning
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. Wilson

I think I'd agree with most of that, but would have reversed Manning and Rodgers for No. 1. Rodgers has more mobility and throws superbly on the run. Interesting that Russell Wilson scores so highly after only his second year.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

My picks would have been....

Brady-based on three rings
Rodgers-solid career so far plus a Superbowl
Manning-great regular seasons but struggles in lots of big games/Playoffs
Brees-solid regular seasons, one superbowl
BigBen-Two Superbowls, has to be the QB I was sure was sacked so many times before Houdining another big play

Yes, I see Wilson doing well. I certainly see him as the class of his division but IMO, he's got awhile to go before cracking that top 5 BUT I DO SEE him doing it down the road......
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ay-process

The NFL has been talking about it for awhile and now they are headed towards the style of replay in the CFL. Big difference though. We have only one game going on at a time. Methinks that central war-room will be getting busy at times.......

THe Ref in the stadium does get to make the call, but central will tell him 'what' to look for.....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The NFL has now banned the dunking of football over the goalpost. Can the Lambeau Leap be next ?
South Pender
Legend

Jared Allen going to the Bears. Seahawks lose out on him. He will make the Bears defense that much better (it was their weakness last year). He's getting something like $8M/year in Chicago. The betting is that the Seahawks didn't go over $6M. We'll see what they do now with their remaining cap money. I hope some of it goes to a D-lineman or two. Another possibility is a top-tier receiver. I think that Bears fans can be very optimistic about their team's chances in 2014. They definitely have a good offense, and they've made some excellent additions on defense. It should, I think, be a great battle for the NFC-North division between the Bears and Packers (who added Julius Peppers from the Bears for a better pass rush). I really don't see the Lions contending, and the Vikings will likely, once again, stink up the division.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:The NFL has now banned the dunking of football over the goalpost. Can the Lambeau Leap be next ?
Technically, according to one NFL pundit (can't recall name), all of these things (dunking, free throws, layups and Lambeau Leaps) ARE ALREADY against the rules. Its just that they were grandfathered into being exempted by enforcement. So, now, these 'celebrations with a prop' will get a flag. The topic of the Lambeau leap did come up and even it might be on its way out.... IMO, that's taking it a bit far. I get the dunking. Graham threw off the level of the goalposts on one dunk last year that led to a delay in restarting the game. I get that but the lambeau leap? Too far, IMO......
South Pender wrote:Jared Allen going to the Bears. Seahawks lose out on him. He will make the Bears defense that much better (it was their weakness last year). He's getting something like $8M/year in Chicago. The betting is that the Seahawks didn't go over $6M. We'll see what they do now with their remaining cap money. I hope some of it goes to a D-lineman or two. Another possibility is a top-tier receiver. I think that Bears fans can be very optimistic about their team's chances in 2014. They definitely have a good offense, and they've made some excellent additions on defense. It should, I think, be a great battle for the NFC-North division between the Bears and Packers (who added Julius Peppers from the Bears for a better pass rush). I really don't see the Lions contending, and the Vikings will likely, once again, stink up the division.
Keeping it in the division is probably NOT something the Vikings wanted to happen, I bet. I heard Allen was hoping for 12 M and was suggesting if he didn't get a big enough #, he'd just retire. So I guess eight mil was enough?

I wasn't too disappointed the Seahawks didn't get Allen. On the field, he certainly is a star. I don't doubt he's a good guy in the locker-room too but this is a team (the Seahawks) that needs to keep its options open, IMO. I know that doesn't make sense but I just mean from a financial perspective. I think the Seahawks D-line will do just fine next season. IMO, where the team had to improve was on offence and there still is lots of time for them to get more done. Sure am curious as to which way they'll be headed in terms of drafting.......
Looking forward to taking in the new Costner flick "Draft Day". Doesn't come out until April 11, IIRC, but the NFL sure seems to be helping promote it. Obviously they lent a lot of the 'shield' to the film to give it a lot more realism. I have to admit I've been a sucker for some sports movies. Invincible? Rushed out, saw it, and enjoyed it. Moneyball? Ditto. Blindside? Ditto. Still haven't gotten around to the "Big Fan" which is about a New York Giants fan-its available on DVD. I just think all the wheeling, politicking, contemplating, etc... that goes into pro sports drafts is interesting and I look forward to how this movie portrays it......
South Pender
Legend

There's been an intriguing story developing today about DeSean Jackson. The Eagles were unable to arrange a trade for him, so they cut him today. The question on everyone's mind is why. First reports have hinted at gang connections (the "Crips" in LA), and folks are wondering whether he might be another Aaron Hernandez.

There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Jackson is a truly elite receiver. He's not big (5-10, 180 lbs.), but has blazing speed (he ran a 4.35 40 at the combine when he left Cal). He also has phenomenal moves, adjusts well to the ball when it's in the air, can stop on a dime and restart in a nanosecond, often leaving corners and safeties on their heels, and has the speed to make a lot of YACs. He's also a very dangerous return man. He's been to three Pro Bowls and has been easily the Eagles' best receiver the past few years (he caught 82 balls in 2013, for an average gain of 16.2 yards). His cap number is high (about $10M/year, I believe), but there has to be more to the Eagles' cutting him than that.

Here are some stories from Pro Football Talk:

League has no comment on DeSean Jackson’s alleged gang signs
Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT

So if former Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson was indeed showing gang signs during an NFL game, would the league do anything about it?

The answer is yes. But the league won’t say whether Jackson has been investigated for showing gang signs.

Here’s all the league would say on the matter, via email to PFT: “Gang signing is considered conduct detrimental to the league and is subject to discipline, the severity of which would be determined in accordance with provisions of the Personal Conduct Policy.”

That rule would also seem to apply to off-field use of gang signs, too. In comments to NJ.com, LAPD detective Eric Crosson opined that Jackson was displaying gangs signs in social media images and once during a game.

While the NFL may say nothing more about it publicly, the league surely will let any and all interested teams know privately whether there’s anything more to the story — and whether Jackson has faced or is facing any type of discipline for gang signs or related activities.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Report of potential gang ties emerged not long before Eagles cut DeSean Jackson
Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT

So why did former Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson issue a statement denying that he belongs to a gang? Not long before the Eagles cut Jackson, a lengthy report emerged on NJ.com suggesting that Jackson has suspected gang ties.

Specifically, Eliot Shorr-Parks and A.J. Perez report that the Eagles were concerned about “Jackson’s continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.”

While Jackson is a suspect in neither killing, LAPD detective Eric Crosson told NJ.com that Jackson “routinely flashes Crip gang signs in photos on social media,” and that Crosson believes Jackson did so during at least one game.

“You don’t want to see anybody throwing up gang signs like he did in the Redskins game last year,” Crosson said. “Those were neighborhood Crip gang signs and he flashed them during a game. He may not be affiliated with the gang, but they don’t [ordinarily] take kindly to those not in the gang throwing up those gang signs.”

It’s unclear how much the gang connection (if there is one) played in the decision to cut Jackson. Per the report, the team also was concerned about his “bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly.”

Regardless, whoever signs Jackson needs to get to the bottom of why the Eagles moved on. And if potential gang connections were a reason, the new team needs to know what the Eagles know, and what the NFL knows.

Jackson has millions of reasons to deny any gang connections or activities. His next team has millions of reasons to get to the truth.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DeSean Jackson issues statement, denies being a gang member
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 28, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT

DeSean Jackson is as fast getting the word out as he is on the field.

And he can change directions equally well too.

Moments after his release he tweeted that he was in “Steady GRind Mode God Got the Plan !! Not Me ..“

Then came a statement in his name, via Adam Schefer of ESPN. You’ll notice the syntax is slightly different, and the capitalization is much better in this one even if the spelling of a key name isn’t.

“First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly,” the statement read. “I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed [sic] for bringing me in.

“Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible.

“I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless.”

So there you go. Straight from the horse’s mouth. Or something.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DeSean Jackson tweets that he’s still working, and God has a plan
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 28, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT

Moments after he was released by the Eagles, DeSean Jackson made his first public comments on Twitter. He did not come across as discouraged.

Jackson wrote that he is in “steady grind mode,” providing a link to a video of himself running on a track to prove that he’s continuing to work hard in the offseason. Jackson also wrote that he thinks God has a plan for him.

That tweet comes just three days after Jackson wrote on Twitter that he had talked to Eagles coach Chip Kelly and that Jackson was laughing at the reports that he was on the way out in Philadelphia.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chase for DeSean Jackson can begin immediately
Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT

Now that the Eagles have cut receiver DeSean Jackson, he instantly becomes a free agent. Which means that he can sign with any team, at any time.

So where will he sign? Teams that definitely were interested in Jackson (although not at $10.5 million for 2014) at a time when he was merely on the trading block included the 49ers, Seahawks, and Jets. Teams like the Patriots and Raiders also could be thrown into the mix.

And then there’s the lure of keeping him in the NFC East, where Jackson would potentially face the Eagles twice per year.

There’s a distinct “win now” vibe permeating the NFL, with teams realizing that, if the coming year isn’t good enough, there may not be a next year for the people who make the decisions. Time and again, one coach believes he’ll be the guy to get through to a player who had been a problem elsewhere.

For now, it’s unclear how many teams will pursue Jackson. It’s also unclear whether a recent article from NJ.com regarding possible off-field concerns (more on that later) will make teams that previously were interested suddenly not interested.

Regardless, any team interested in Jackson would be wise to find out exactly why the Eagles decided to move on from Jackson less than three months after he produced a career year.

At this point, we know only that the Eagles aren’t interested in keeping him around — and that the Eagles weren’t able to line up a trade partner. Even with several more weeks until Jackson could have shown up for the offseason program and forced the team’s hand, the Eagles decided to close the books on Jackson and move on.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There have been rumors that the Seahawks might be interested (but at a significantly lower salary--maybe a one-year "show-us" deal like the one Michael Bennett had last season). The thought of Percy Harvin lining up on one side and DeSean Jackson on the other is certainly drool-worthy and would add a whole new dimension to the Seahawks' offense. But they (or any team considering him) really needs to get to the bottom of the gang-related issues before even thinking about signing him. He's not likely as toxic as Hernandez, but could be real trouble.

Interesting days ahead....
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I was stunned to hear the Eagles had CUT DeSean Jackson. Rumours came out right after the Eagles signed Cooper to a longer term deal that he may be available. But then even he stated he'd be an Eagle for this season. So, I thought it was one of those rumours about nothing (kinda like how the Luongo trade went down). IOW, you figure NOPE this aint happening anytime soon and then WHAM, the initial rumours were correct.

I can't see Jackson pulling on a Seahawks jersey. Okay the one year rental thing you mention, SOuth P. could REALLY make sense if he's willing to adapt to Seattle culture.

In some ways this seems a little UNFAIR too. I know, I know, its a business but that analogy isn't quite true. Its not like there is this industry with 32 seperate companies. Yes, each football team is its own business but they are all intertwined under a common company the NFL. So, Jackson should have been given more of a chance to be a free agent, IMO. I wonder HOW much, if any, of his salary is being PAID.

I do think the fact this DRAFT is supposedly a good one for recievers probably doesn't hurt as to why he was cut and why he'll have to probably take a discount to play. The Raiders probably would have been thrilled to throw some money his way but those comments regarding 'gangs' may or MAY NOT scare that franchise off.
____________________-
Speaking of the Raiders. My second favourite team after the Seahawks is the Oakland Raiders. The Rebels. The Rejects. The RodneyDangerfields of the NFL. And they have SUCKED bad for over a decade now. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are a wildcard team this season. Got enough vets with experience and stable enough in lots of places, I can see them finally having a playoff game. I don't think they are anywhere NEAR doing anything but playing a wildcard game? YUP......
South Pender
Legend

notahomer wrote:Speaking of the Raiders. My second favourite team after the Seahawks is the Oakland Raiders. The Rebels. The Rejects. The RodneyDangerfields of the NFL. And they have SUCKED bad for over a decade now. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are a wildcard team this season. Got enough vets with experience and stable enough in lots of places, I can see them finally having a playoff game. I don't think they are anywhere NEAR doing anything but playing a wildcard game? YUP......
You may well be right. They've brought in a lot of what look like productive players in free agency. However, it's hard to see a team making the playoffs or winning a playoff game without a good quarterback (unless you're the 2000 Ravens), and I'm a little skeptical about whether Matt Schaub, who is now the presumptive No. 1 QB in Oakland, is good enough. He looked decent as Michael Vick's backup in Atlanta, and has had his moments with the Texans, but seems to be regressing now. But, hey, who knows, maybe he'll bounce back in a new system with new players.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I haven't heard anything much in awhile about the DeSean Sweepstakes. Raiders are apparently one of the front runners (no pun intended for this blazing reciever simple due to their cap space. I wonder if more INFO will come out down the road? Or is was there some smoke but after time we discover there was no fire?.......
Cowboys week on DYNASTY month. I'll enjoy watching Aikman/Irvin but a Top Ten episode of Jerry Jones moments or a Sound FX episode of Jerry Jones is not possible to sit through for me.... Just my :2cents:
_____________________________________________-
Apparently Johnny Football had himself a great pro-day. I am going to enjoy seeing how this guy transfers to the NFL. I have to admit, I'm not so sure I'll be cheering him on. A lot has to do with the team he goes to. Some of the things he's said/done kinda turn me off a bit but his interviews post pro day have softened my negative views somewhat. Bottom line good or bad, this guy seems to be able to get people to want to watch what happens.....
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -for-a-job

Neat story about the latest group wondering if they'll be on the outside looking in once the pads start hitting for real in September. Lots of free agents without a home and if they find one, it'll probably be at a lower price than what they got for previous contracts......
One of said FA's is Champ Bailey, formerly of the Broncos. Apparently visiting the Saints. One of those shoo-in HOFers, IMO. If he lands with the Saints, at least he has a SHOT at getting a ring, IMO. I don't see the Saints winning it all next year but their chances are better than most NFL teams but they didn't even win their division. I guess we'll see...........

A little surprised that it looks like Desean Jackson will only do one stop on the gravy train tour before signing with the team from Washington ( :wink: staying loyal to not using the name, South P.). I thought for sure he'd at least look at the Raiders and other suitors. Hear a number? Maybe his agent has heard the numbers and knows Washington's are the best. The Eagles and the rest of the NFC East must be a little dissappointed he's staying home in the division..........
South Pender
Legend

notahomer wrote:A little surprised that it looks like Desean Jackson will only do one stop on the gravy train tour before signing with the team from Washington ( :wink: staying loyal to not using the name, South P.). I thought for sure he'd at least look at the Raiders and other suitors. Hear a number? Maybe his agent has heard the numbers and knows Washington's are the best. The Eagles and the rest of the NFC East must be a little dissappointed he's staying home in the division..........
Yeah...DeSean Jackson to the Washington team! :wink: Don't know the numbers. I'm actually relieved; I'd heard that the 49ers were really pushing to get him to SF. In truth, the biggest relief of all is that we won't be inundated by that doofus's name in all the Pro Football Talk from now on.

Edit: Here are the details, from Pro Football Talk, on DeSean Jackson's contract with Washington (works out to basically $8M/year for three years):

The full DeSean Jackson contract details
Posted by Mike Florio on April 2, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT

DeSean Jackson didn’t get traded because no one wanted to pay him $10.5 million in 2014. The Redskins ultimately chose to pay him 76 percent of that.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Jackson will make $8 million in 2014. The total comes from a $5 million signing bonus, a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1 million, a fully-guaranteed $500,000 workout bonus, and a $1.5 million 53-man per-game roster bonus that is fully guaranteed.

For 2015, Jackson gets a fully-guaranteed $3.75 million base salary, a fully-guaranteed $500,000 workout bonus, and a fully-guaranteed $3.75 million 53-man roster bonus.

That’s $16 million fully guaranteed upon signing, earned over two years.

Because they’re fully guaranteed, the 53-man per-game roster bonuses in 2014 and 2015 don’t give the Redskins any extra protection — unless Jackson gets suspended. Even if that happens, the team would have been protected via guaranteed base salaries. The thinking is that the devices, while ultimately meaningless, could be a way to make the player think he’s got more at stake than he really does.

In 2016, Jackson has the same terms as 2015, without the guarantees: $3.75 million base salary, $500,000 workout bonus, $3.75 million 53-man roster bonus. It adds up to a four-year, $24 million contract.

There’s also a fourth-year that automatically voids. That allows the Redskins to push $1.25 million of the signing bonus into 2017, which in turn keeps the cap charges lower in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

For 2014, the cap charge is $4.25 million. For 2015 and 2016, it’ll be $9.25 million each year.

Under the circumstances, it’s a very good deal for DeSean. Especially since there’s a good chance that, instead of multiple other suitors willing to pay big money (“mystery” or otherwise), Jackson in actuality had a crazy handful of nothin’.

So less than the $10.5M he was scheduled to make with the Eagles. His addition should make the Washington offense very good, with other good receivers and Alfred Morris running the ball . Somehow, though (at least in the Dan Snyder era), they will likely find a way to be mediocre.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:So less than the $10.5M he was scheduled to make with the Eagles. His addition should make the Washington offense very good, with other good receivers and Alfred Morris running the ball . Somehow, though (at least in the Dan Snyder era), they will likely find a way to be mediocre.
Saw some of the discussion RE: DJAX on this mornings NFL AM. Curious is a good way to describe how I feel. IIRC, his cap hit will be 1 million for this season due to the WASHINGTON team being close to the cap. So, are further 'cap casualties' to come? He does have a lot of dough guaranteed so its obvious HE wants to be a washingtoner :wink: . These are the drawbacks to the 'caps' in sports, IMO. Some players still seem to be getting the big bucks but often other players end up having to take less or get cut so the big contracts can get done. Washington sounds like it will be in caphell for a bit. One way to get out is to CUT big contracts but often those are the guys who'd help you win. Kinda like cutting your nose off to spite your face. Yes, their offence should and PROBABLY WILL, be good this year but what about the other two phases? I'm not sure how much longer until they have to start contemplating breaking the bank for RG3? Guess we'll see....
South Pender
Legend

Is Russell Wilson getting a big head?

Russell Wilson: I have a long way to go, but I can be the best ever
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson thinks he has a chance to be remembered as the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

“Why can’t I be the best quarterback to ever play the game one day?’ Wilson told ESPN. “I’m not right now. I’ve got a long way to go. But one day, you know?”

Wilson is right that he has a long way to go. As a passer, Wilson isn’t close to the best in the NFL right now, let alone the best ever. He’s never led the league in any major statistical category and hasn’t even been particularly close. Wilson has a Super Bowl ring, but so does Trent Dilfer. You don’t need to be a great quarterback to earn a Super Bowl ring with a great defense.

At age 25, however, Wilson has plenty of time to get better. What he’s already accomplished in his first two NFL seasons is impressive, and from all accounts Wilson is the kind of player who backs up his talk about wanting to be great with the necessary amount of hard work.

Wilson is part of a strong group of young quarterbacks who have entered the NFL in the last few years, along with Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick. Some day Wilson may turn out to be the best of that bunch and among the best of all time. But he has a long way to go.

Wrong answer, Russell. Here's the right answer to the question, "Do you think you can be the best quarterback ever?"

"Well, there have been many great quarterbacks to play in the NFL--guys I've really admired. I would hesitate to say that I can be better than they were and are, or even as good, but what I can say is that I plan to work very hard to be the best quarterback that I can be."

Actually, one could compare Wilson with other undisputed great quarterbacks with respect to their QB ratings in their first two years, and he'd look great. His ratings are 100 (2012) and 101.2 (2013) for an average of 100.6, and one Super Bowl. By way of comparison, here are the first two-year averages (first two full years, where they played all the games of close to that) for some of the greats: (a) Peyton Manning: 80.95; (b) Tom Brady: 86.10; (c) Drew Brees: 72.2; (d) Aaron Rodgers: 98.5); (e) Joe Montana: 84.5. Still, it's better to keep some thoughts hidden, and I hope Russell learns that.