milan lucic

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

sure wish someone would identify the ahole that went after him at the bar. whoever it was should be tarred and feathered and banned from Vancouver forever.

or maybe something a little less legal.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Probably some drunk who think he's tough. Wish Lucic had given him a beating
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Probably some drunk who think he's tough. Wish Lucic had given him a beating
Who knows, could be exactly what that guy was looking for from ML. Take a couple smacks from a high profile local athlete (i.e., from here, even if he plays elsewhere) and maybe get a big civil (cash) settlement out of it, either by judge's ruling or perhaps out of court to make the distraction all go away faster. Nothing good for ML can come from laying into the guy. Walking away is the smart move on his part.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Probably some drunk who think he's tough. Wish Lucic had given him a beating
Who knows, could be exactly what that guy was looking for from ML. Take a couple smacks from a high profile local athlete (i.e., from here, even if he plays elsewhere) and maybe get a big civil (cash) settlement out of it, either by judge's ruling or perhaps out of court to make the distraction all go away faster. Nothing good for ML can come from laying into the guy. Walking away is the smart move on his part.
Exactly.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:sure wish someone would identify the ahole that went after him at the bar. whoever it was should be tarred and feathered and banned from Vancouver forever.

The post of the year. LOL. Tarring and feathering is not exactly in our law books.

Lucic didn't exactly look smart yelling like that. Also out at that time of the night was surely a recipe for a problem.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Tighthead
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:sure wish someone would identify the ahole that went after him at the bar. whoever it was should be tarred and feathered and banned from Vancouver forever.

The post of the year. LOL. Tarring and feathering is not exactly in our law books.

Lucic didn't exactly look smart yelling like that. Also out at that time of the night was surely a recipe for a problem.
I generally agree that being out late leads to trouble, and have personal knowledge of same as I am sure that most of us do. However, lots of pro athletes go out late in lots of cities and we don't see this happening very often. I think Lucic had a reasonable expectation of going out and having some fun without being accosted.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I could hear where he was coming from when he dissed Vancouver. I'm glad some cooler air and time to chill has led Lucic to accept some bozos is no reason to turn your back on your hometown.

Besides, the Mean Poutine place still wants to sell you the odd 'Lucic' poutine......
D
Team Captain

Meanwhile in another bar in Yaletown my buddy was getting his pic taken with a guy who does deserve a beat down ,,, Brad Marchand
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think the part that bothers more than anything is the suggestion that his family is getting harassed. That is just unacceptable. If my family was getting targeted, I would be getting pretty pissed too! This is their home and if can be pretty difficult if you feel you are getting ostracized in the place you are supposed to feel the most secure.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Generally nothing good comes from going out after midnight.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Generally nothing good comes from going out after midnight.
Darren McCarty's new book "My Last Fight" tells of how his teammates would leave him at 1am and then his 'new friends' would carry on with him. For any athlete during the season being out after 1am is like stepping into the spotlight for trouble one way or another. Just a different scene than they need to be in, either a drunk finds them or they are looking for the next party.
Entertainment value = an all time low