2013 NHL thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Former Canuck Ryan Kesler, now with Anaheim, seems to be causing a stir with comments he made to a SoCal newspaper about the hockey media in Vancouver.

Which ‘media guys’ drove Kesler out of town? Ex-Canuck sounds off about Vancouver
"I get they've got to sell papers in that city," Kesler said. "Negative stories sell more than positive stories. Saying that, that never bothered me. Obviously you get irritated with them sometimes. But the media was fine. I liked most of them."
"The [Vancouver] media makes up a lot of stories that aren’t true. To be honest, I was really sick of certain media guys throwing people under the bus."

"No matter how much my old teammates say it doesn't bother them. It affects them. It does in that city."
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Former Canuck Ryan Kesler, now with Anaheim, seems to be causing a stir with comments he made to a SoCal newspaper about the hockey media in Vancouver.

Which ‘media guys’ drove Kesler out of town? Ex-Canuck sounds off about Vancouver
"I get they've got to sell papers in that city," Kesler said. "Negative stories sell more than positive stories. Saying that, that never bothered me. Obviously you get irritated with them sometimes. But the media was fine. I liked most of them."
"The [Vancouver] media makes up a lot of stories that aren’t true. To be honest, I was really sick of certain media guys throwing people under the bus."

"No matter how much my old teammates say it doesn't bother them. It affects them. It does in that city."
true to form Vancouver media. Some of the same crap they pulled with Bure.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Have to agree with Kesler's comments. There are some in the media who loves to create controversy when none exist.
aklawitter
All Star

And would one of those names rhyme with a couple body parts? Hmmmm..... :clown: