2013 NHL thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rangers had a 2 goal lead heading into the 3rd period and surrenders 2 goals. Game tied and heading into overtime. Must game for the Rangers.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

LA wins 5-4 in double overtime. Rangers are now in a heep of trouble heading home
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:LA wins 5-4 in double overtime. Rangers are now in a heep of trouble heading home
My service provider I guess is running the game in another time zone but in the highlites weren't the Rangers screwed by refs?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It appears that the Kings got away with one on the tying goal. Appear to be goalie interference.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:LA wins 5-4 in double overtime. Rangers are now in a heep of trouble heading home
My service provider I guess is running the game in another time zone but in the highlites weren't the Rangers screwed by refs?
no way. only cfl refs screw up....dontcha know :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Kings are one game away from winning the Holy Grail following a 3-0 win over the Rangers. That latter had their chances but failed to beat Jonathon Quick.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Kings are one game away from winning the Holy Grail following a 3-0 win over the Rangers. That latter had their chances but failed to beat Jonathon Quick.
darn, forgot all about that game. too busy watching the argos game. when was it on?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Kings are one game away from winning the Holy Grail following a 3-0 win over the Rangers. That latter had their chances but failed to beat Jonathon Quick.
darn, forgot all about that game. too busy watching the argos game. when was it on?
Yesterday, next game tomorrow.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Strange, but at the moment, all I can think of is New York Fries. I guess because maybe their dog is cooked. Any appearance of an entertaining Stanley Cup from here on looks to be non genuine. It is only a question of when. The Rangers may well pull off a win or maybe two but not 4 in a row.

Start spreading the news
We're losing our way
We're down 3 game to none
We're sad today

This awful dream
Won't ever end
It makes me sad
And when we do get a shot
It's usually blocked
Or stopped by Quick's Pad

We're singin the Blues
The fans are all mad
They boo us of the ice
It makes us feel bad

It's not up to you, New York, New York.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:
Yesterday, next game tomorrow.
thanks, but I meant what time yesterday
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It was on at 5:00 PM. If it makes you feel any better I missed the Argos game. :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:It was on at 5:00 PM. If it makes you feel any better I missed the Argos game. :wink:
thank you. big duh moment for me. I would have switched between them.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

How do you build a team like the LA Kings? The Canucks are so poor in comparison, it seems to me.

The Kings are relatively huge. Hugely talented.

Amongst the forwards they have 7 players drafted in the 1st round, including acquisitions Carter and Richards.

Amongst their forwards the smallest one is Richards at 5'11" 196.

I've always thought that Marion Gaborik was one of the supreme snipers in the NHL. Sutter has managed him so very well.

Doughty of course was a 2nd overall pick.

Their D Men are all big.

They cruise at times, but when it counts, they really get down to business.

Great keeper in Quick also.

It seems that they are from a different galaxy than the poor old Canucks.

Good luck to Jim Benning and Trevor Linden.

I kind of liked Mike Gillis, but he traded away draft picks, and he failed to hit home runs with his selections.

At least I have no animosity towards the Kings, unlike the hated Bruins and Hawks. LOL
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Think the Rangers will win tonight. Los Angeles will win the Cup on home ice on Friday
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rangers hanging on to a 2-1 in the 3rd period ........