Canucks 2011 Playoff Run

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/06/04 ... he-finger/

Here, try this Bergeron. Excellent, humorous taunting, Max.

It was not as if Burrows went out of his way to bite some part of Bergeron's anatomy, like an ear.

Bergeron stuck his stinky glove covered finger into Burrow's mouth. Not easy to get that stinky thing out of there. I would expect there is a bit of a gag reflex for one thing. And there is also the protection the hockey glove provides the finger. Good call by the NHL and the referees.

Milbury is way too biased to be commenting on TV. Plus he goes overboard emotionally. Lousy GM. Lousy biased commentator.
D
Team Captain

I made these up for the game .... new on the menu .... Bruin Fingers ... Canuck Style!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I have to ask... how can anyone call Alex a coward? Where does that come from? :dizzy:
Many internet sources, like this one: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Game ... story.html and http://license.icopyright.net/user/view ... NzE2Mjg%3D in which former official Dan Marouelli stated: I think it's a real act of cowardice by Alex Burrows.
It's just a societal aspect that when a man does some "extreme" fighting like biting, he will labeled as a coward. That was very evident when Mike Tyson bit off Holyfield's ear.
WestCoastJoe wrote:Robbie, this comment of yours is sexist and insulting to both Burrows and to "little girls."
Oh, maybe I should have stated little boys instead. :wink:
notahomer wrote:Glad Burrows got some redemption. IMO, this series could easily be 2-0 Bruins.
And to Luongo as well after a shaky first round after the Canucks went up 3-0.
I think this series is far from over.
We'll see about game 3. In 2009, the Penguins won it after being behind 2-0 and won it in the end.
D wrote:I made these up for the game .... new on the menu .... Bruin Fingers ... Canuck Style!
:whs: nice design.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

D - looking good. is that an invitation because we"re comming over baby.
zark
Champion

Are you going to bring your 90 year old pappy?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Is it too early to decide who should win the Conn Smythe trophy as the playoff MVP?

Ryan Kesler was certainly the front runner, but now Henrik Sedin leads the playoff points while Daniel Sedin is close behind Kesler and Alexandre Burrows with his important OT goals is fourth among the Canucks. And among the Canucks defensemen, Christian Ehrhoff and Alexander Edler lead although Ehrhoff has played fewer games, and OT hero Kevin Bieksa is right behind, and Luongo leads the goaltenders in terms of wins, shutouts, with a lower GAA than Thomas. That said, I'd say the nod will still go to Kesler over the Sedins with his more goals and better +/-.

Good luck to Luongo has attempts to become to first goaltender to enter the Triple Gold Club of hockey with his two Ice Hockey World Championships and one Olympic gold medal, and now the Stanley Cup. :cr:

Speaking of good gestures, nice of Premier Christy Clark to re-light the Olympic cauldron. :thup:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Got the game yesterday live - my Sunday morning. US broadcast. OT started and I was on the phone with my wife in Coquitlam where she announces the goal just as Burrows goes behind the net - seems there is a delay here in Hong Kong.

If there is one thing that the Gillis era has done that has been huge for the team and the players it was to get Kesler and Burrows off the agitating stuff to just focus on playing. It took Gillis a bit longer to get it right with Luongo who seemed to be able to play when he decided. I give Gillis a lot of credit for changing his errors including like making his Goalee the Captain as well as firming up that AV is his coach. Not often these new GMs like another GMs coach.

This is the most talented Canucks compared to the prior two Stanley Cup finalists.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

Zark, I wish you could meet him. You are a dying breed.

Looking ahead - will we be able to keep this team togeather. as soon as they win the cup their value doubles- you wish not but . . . what will Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa be worth on the open market? same goes for every one of them. I think some of the top dogs are already undervalued to help the team but other than them and the Sedins this is a team of average joes that if you break up you wonder if they are worth what they have created togeather. with the cap and the players having to look after their families - you can't blame a player for not cashing in - it'll be interesting what happens. I guess the beat goes on.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

totally disgusting display by the canucks on both sides of the whistle. I am ashamed of the conduct of the canucks tonight.

That last clear attempt to injure by torres should earn him multi game suspensions. Dont expect any such thing, but it really pissed me off and was sympolic of most of the canucks attitude tonight.

They better put that *poop* aside and just play hockey from now on.

Better than the 94 team my ass. The 94 team never lost their composure or played so undisciplined during the playoffs. I dont care if this team does go on to win the cup, they got a long ways to go to match the class of the 94 team.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

why do I even come to this board when I know that I'm gonna read *poop* like this from Canuck haters.??

idiots

laterz

After the stanley cup, go Lions go... until then kiss my _____

PS - loved the game today!
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:totally disgusting display by the canucks on both sides of the whistle. I am ashamed of the conduct of the canucks tonight.

That last clear attempt to injure by torres should earn him multi game suspensions. Dont expect any such thing, but it really pissed me off and was sympolic of most of the canucks attitude tonight.

Better than the 94 team my ass. The 94 team never lost their composure or played so undisciplined during the playoffs. I dont care if this team does go on to win the cup, they got a long ways to go to match the class of the 94 team.
Noway the 94 Cup game had as much 'stuff' happening during the play, both sides. With that and a large margin in a game, it was bound to go south. BTW, that was both sides dishing, not just the Canucks, IMO.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:totally disgusting display by the canucks on both sides of the whistle. I am ashamed of the conduct of the canucks tonight.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Perhaps you may have noticed that the Bruins were no angels either
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Ugly. I really thought the Canucks were cruising when they killed off a major but then the wheels fell off in the second period. Proof you can't go by stats. Midway through the third period the Canucks were apparently outshooting the Bruins. If thats true I don't remember many of the shots. IMO, Higgins was our best forward. I was stunned when I saw Thomas knock over Sedin. Hey if thats how he wants to play fine, but I think he'd better stay focussed on goaltending. I still feel the finger thing is no big deal but I hadn't heard what Milbury and Julien were saying until I read todays papers. Definately curious considering 2 seperate Boston Bruins did what those two said a pro shouldn't be doing. Julien is a coach I think who might blast his two finger pointers for showing him up. This upcoming fourth game is going to be a dandy, IMO. I just can't see Luongo having another tough night. If tonight is how the Canucks are going to play on the road, I'm glad they have home ice advantage.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Perhaps you may have noticed that the Bruins were no angels either
one side doesnt excuse the other.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:

Noway the 94 Cup game had as much 'stuff' happening during the play, both sides. With that and a large margin in a game, it was bound to go south. BTW, that was both sides dishing, not just the Canucks, IMO.
as I said to the lion king.