Steve Nash

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Have to love the heart that he has playing the game a Canadian invented. Tough loss last night, but good on the Suns for not rolling over down 18 points.

For a laugh, here is just another reason why SN live would be a hoot to be with.

Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Have to love the heart that he has playing the game a Canadian invented. Tough loss last night, but good on the Suns for not rolling over down 18 points.

For a laugh, here is just another reason why SN live would be a hoot to be with.

Could you just re-phrase that last bit for me please. :shock:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

With his trade to the LA Lakers today, perhaps local Steve Nash can finally win the elusive NBA championship.
The 38-year-old from Victoria, who spent the past eight seasons with the Suns, was a free agent but a sign-and-trade agreement was necessary for the Lakers to afford him. He agreed to a three-year, US$27 million contract. In return, the Suns get four draft picks -- first rounders in 2013 and 2015 and second rounders in 2013 and 2014.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:With his trade to the LA Lakers today, perhaps local Steve Nash can finally win the elusive NBA championship.
The 38-year-old from Victoria, who spent the past eight seasons with the Suns, was a free agent but a sign-and-trade agreement was necessary for the Lakers to afford him. He agreed to a three-year, US$27 million contract. In return, the Suns get four draft picks -- first rounders in 2013 and 2015 and second rounders in 2013 and 2014.
I was surprised when I heard about this trade yesterday. I agree with you Robbie, perhaps this will lead to Nash finally winning an NBA championship. What surprised me also what apparently (according to Squire on Global) Kobe Bryant was a big part of this deal! He wanted Nash. HMMM, I have found it hard to cheer for Kobe but the Lakers would be the team I'd hope would win now. I want Nash to win more than I like to see Kobe stumble. Love to hear (but probably not watch) a Heat/Lakers finals. Then again, I'll probably be busy watching the Canucks on another long playoff run at that time, right :cr: ?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It sounds like the Raptors made a very significant play for him and apparently so did the Knicks

The Sad Reality of this is:

Here is the best basketball player to ever come out of this country
Here it the GM of the Canadian Mens Senior Team
Two time league MVP

And even he won't go to Toronto. Took an 8 million dollar pay cut to go to the Lakers.

He has his reasons and I guess money isn't really an issue for him but what does this say about the franchise known as the Raptors? Carter, Bosch, Nash. Clearly Toronto isn't a desire franchise for NBA players.

I really don't miss the NBA in this city.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Guess what Kobe wants, Kobe gets
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Just like Steve Nash is changing teams....there will be no more Linsanity in New York. He's sure going to be missed by the very large Chinese-American population in New York City.
Lin is a Houston Rocket, after the Knicks opted not to match his three-year, $25.1-million offer sheet.
The contract will pay Lin $5 million and $5.2 million the first two years and about $14.89 million in the third year.
All the Jeremy Lin Knicks jerseys are obsolete now, and Houston doesn't have nearly as large a Chinese-America community as NYC. Let's see how strong Linsanity will be there. And hopefully he won't live in the shadow of Yao Ming.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Just like Steve Nash is changing teams....there will be no more Linsanity in New York. He's sure going to be missed by the very large Chinese-American population in New York City.
Lin is a Houston Rocket, after the Knicks opted not to match his three-year, $25.1-million offer sheet.
The contract will pay Lin $5 million and $5.2 million the first two years and about $14.89 million in the third year.
All the Jeremy Lin Knicks jerseys are obsolete now, and Houston doesn't have nearly as large a Chinese-America community as NYC. Let's see how strong Linsanity will be there. And hopefully he won't live in the shadow of Yao Ming.
Lin is the follow up to Yao Ming who had some 8 years in Houston where they were able to market the guy to the broader Asian community. This makes more sense than for the Knicks apparently as they have the highest ticket prices and jersey, etc sales are apparently shared revenues any way. I heard a Forbes editor saying Houston has room to market Lin and NY Knicks simply didn't need it and espec. at that price. He added that the ticket re-sellers in NY were the ones making the extra money off Jeremy Lin who is really a hit here in Hong Kong with young fans - basketball is a big game here with locals from young to old and retired!!
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Local Steve Nash just retired today after 18 seasons and two NBA MVP awards. But too bad he never captured an NBA title. :bawl:
祝你龍年行大運。