International Bowl

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I managed to catch a bit of this game and was impressed with their footage of analyst Doug Flutie's play in the CFL. Flutie mentioned that the trick plays in the game they were broadcasting reminded him of his days in the CFL and playing there under coach Don Matthews.

He agreed with the play by play guy that he loved his playing time in Canada and you could tell by the enthusiasm in his voice that he has fond memories of his time here.

This is the same guy who can apparently remember plays he and Darren ran to win touch games as far back as high school. I was always impressed that he would travel from Toronto to watch a game live in Hamilton when he was with the Argos.

I missed some of this but there was something else about his name not adorning the Toronto dome or something like that to which Flutie replied he hadn't been there that long. That part was funny.

The CFL never has to worry about Doug Flutie not giving the CFL great credit for its quality. Joe Theismann until the signing of Ricky Ray has also been a huge ambassador for the CFL as is Warren Moon. I mention these guys as they are on tv and radio all the time.
Tighthead
Legend

What did old Joe T do when Ray was signed?
Rammer
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:I managed to catch a bit of this game and was impressed with their footage of analyst Doug Flutie's play in the CFL. Flutie mentioned that the trick plays in the game they were broadcasting reminded him of his days in the CFL and playing there under coach Don Matthews.

He agreed with the play by play guy that he loved his playing time in Canada and you could tell by the enthusiasm in his voice that he has fond memories of his time here.

This is the same guy who can apparently remember plays he and Darren ran to win touch games as far back as high school. I was always impressed that he would travel from Toronto to watch a game live in Hamilton when he was with the Argos.

I missed some of this but there was something else about his name not adorning the Toronto dome or something like that to which Flutie replied he hadn't been there that long. That part was funny.

The CFL never has to worry about Doug Flutie not giving the CFL great credit for its quality. Joe Theismann until the signing of Ricky Ray has also been a huge ambassador for the CFL as is Warren Moon. I mention these guys as they are on tv and radio all the time.
Sean Salisbury, ex-Bomber and ESPN analysist, not so much though. :bang:
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:What did old Joe T do when Ray was signed?
He meant Ricky Williams. Joe was critical of the league for allowing the signing and said he was embarrassed to be an Argo. But I would agree - all 3 guys speak highly of their time in the CFL, and I think you can add Jeff Garcia to that list too.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Tighthead wrote:What did old Joe T do when Ray was signed?
He meant Ricky Williams. Joe was critical of the league for allowing the signing and said he was embarrassed to be an Argo. But I would agree - all 3 guys speak highly of their time in the CFL, and I think you can add Jeff Garcia to that list too.

DH 8)
Thanks for correcting that...lol. Ricky Ray too funny.

And your add in the way of Jeff Garcia is a pretty good add also.