Rose Bowl 2007!

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

CB123
Legend

Well I am so happy, my USC Trojans showed everyone they are still a big force in College football after they beat 3rd ranked (actually 2nd but no one wanted a rematch) Michigan 32-18!. The D was punishing, and the QB John David Booty was unstoppable with 391 passing yards and 4 TDs.

Well since the game was such a huge success I wanted to buy it off iTunes like they advertised yesterday, but when I went online to buy it, it wouldn?t let me cuz I live in Canada... Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get the game on my computer? I tried Limewire but nothing came up, and I dont even know how to properly use BitTorrent lol.

Thanks,

-Chris
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Rammer
Team Captain

Fiesta Bowl was the best game to view by far though, with a large lead not only overtaken but surpassed on an INT, only to tie it back up forcing OT. In OT both sides scored a TD (format like the CFL OT), but the statue of liberty play was used on the two point convert to win it, outstanding.
Entertainment value = an all time low
CB123
Legend

Fiesta Bowl was the best game to view by far though,
Yeah I watched the Fiesta Bowl too. It was insane! lol But I would still rather have the Rose Bowl just because its the Trojans :yes:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Saw the highlights of the Fiesta Bowl. Quite a game ! The two point conversion in overtime was a gutsy call and it was well executed.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Saw the highlights of the Fiesta Bowl. Quite a game ! The two point conversion in overtime was a gutsy call and it was well executed.
It was an extremely risky play for the Boise State Broncos to try the two point conversion for the win instead of settling for an essentially automatic tie and extending the game. Fortunately for them, the gamble was successful. Imagine the heat Boise State coach Chris Petersen would have received at the gamble failed.

That play reminded me of the Montreal at BC game on September 17, 2005 when Montreal scored a touchdown on the last play to pull within one. But Don Matthews elected to go for a two-point convert for the win instead of tying the game and going into overtime. The 2-point convert failed, giving BC the one point win.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote: It was an extremely risky play for the Boise State Broncos to try the two point conversion for the win instead of settling for an essentially automatic tie and extending the game. Fortunately for them, the gamble was successful. Imagine the heat Boise State coach Chris Petersen would have received at the gamble failed.

That play reminded me of the Montreal at BC game on September 17, 2005 when Montreal scored a touchdown on the last play to pull within one. But Don Matthews elected to go for a two-point convert for the win instead of tying the game and going into overtime. The 2-point convert failed, giving BC the one point win.
Was either of those that risky, Robbie? Either the Als or Boise State would have won or lost on that one last play; that seems like the same odds that they'd have had in overtime to me.

Gutsy, yes. Not risky IMO, but adventurous.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Robbie wrote: It was an extremely risky play for the Boise State Broncos to try the two point conversion for the win instead of settling for an essentially automatic tie and extending the game. Fortunately for them, the gamble was successful. Imagine the heat Boise State coach Chris Petersen would have received at the gamble failed.

Was either of those that risky, Robbie? Either the Als or Boise State would have won or lost on that one last play; that seems like the same odds that they'd have had in overtime to me.

Gutsy, yes. Not risky IMO, but adventurous.
Well, we all have our own definitions and vocabularies. IMO, adventerous, gutsy, and risky can be considered synonyms. A gamble of any kind instead of choosing a conservative play to tie the game is rather risky.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

High risk, high rewards.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

No Robbie, to me, gutsy and risky are far from the same thing. Not synonyms at all. I see your point, though.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Saw the highlights of the Fiesta Bowl. Quite a game ! The two point conversion in overtime was a gutsy call and it was well executed.
It was an extremely risky play for the Boise State Broncos to try the two point conversion for the win instead of settling for an essentially automatic tie and extending the game. Fortunately for them, the gamble was successful. Imagine the heat Boise State coach Chris Petersen would have received at the gamble failed.

Mike Riley did exactly the same thing for Oregon State to beat Mizzou in the Sun Bowl.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Best thing about the Rose Bowl was DF :rockin: :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:Best thing about the Rose Bowl was DF :rockin: :wink:
There are those who would tell you the best thing about the Rose Bowl was "Assgate" - the furore over the USC Song Girl who chose to wear a thong under her li'l skirt which flew up briefly (haha) to display some Song Girl bootie.

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

sheesh. I blinked and missed it. Twernt nuttin to it.

the things some people get excited over these days :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MacNews
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Fiesta Bowl was the best game to view by far though, with a large lead not only overtaken but surpassed on an INT, only to tie it back up forcing OT. In OT both sides scored a TD (format like the CFL OT), but the statue of liberty play was used on the two point convert to win it, outstanding.
Wish I had caught the game, saw some of the plays and it looks nuts. I saw the Hawaii Bowl (Hawaii's QB passed for 560 yards and 5 TDs, 1 INT) and it was pretty good.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The final 6 minutes of the Fiesta Bowl have been replayed at least twice on TSN in a 30-minute ESPN Classic production. Keep an eye out for repeats.