Olympics dispute with GM Place

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

I had heard that VANOC was having a difficult time negotiating with GM Place to have Olympics Hockey in there for 2010. Apparently if VANOC and GM Place couldn't reach an agreement then hockey would be shifted to the Pacific Coliseum which is already hosting the figure skating.

I can't believe GM Place would leave itself out for 2010. But Aquilini is in the middle of a massive lawsuit involving Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beatty. Not to mention Howard Kelsey getting blown aside by Aquilini about an NBA bid and the mysterious issue of Aquilini buying out McGaw.

Where do things stand?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

anything that makes life harder for VANOC is ok for me.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Everything will work itself out. I can't see Olympic hockey not being played at GM Place.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

This has been an issue ever since the bid book was published. :roll:

I'm hearing, from sources within VANOC, that a major stumbling block was the "partnership" between McCaw and Aquilini. Now that everything on that front has been settled, I don't see it taking much longer.