anyone following the Memphis Grizzlies as of late?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Black99GT

i know they are without Pau Gasol...but they currently hold the NBA's worst record at 5 wins 17 losses...they just dropped their 4th straight tonight in a home loss to the visiting Trailblazers..dropping to 3-6 at home, 0-4 division and dropping to 1-10 in their own Conference...their road record is also really bad at 2-11...

if memory serves me correct they are 0-8 lifetime in the playoffs as they were 8th seed both times and getting bounced out of the first round 4-0 both times...

anyone else happy they are not doing so well?...maybe its the curse of moving from vancouver i don't know
Bosco
Team Captain

I think at this point, memories of the Vancouver Grizzlies seem almost like a mirage...did we really have an NBA team? :?

That being said, you can't help but smile whenever you read anything negative about the team, or that carpetbagger Heisley. :x
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Maybe Heisley should be practicing the Mexican national anthem as he prepares to move his Grizzlies to Mexico City.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

It's nice to see them failing miserably. My one wish was to see them fail in Memphis.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You're not alone Canuck_4_Life.
Passaglia
All Star

They're actually 0-12 lifetime in the playoffs and I love it!!
Black99GT

i'm glad im not the only one who wants them to fail! also i read on espn.com that Jerry West and memphis head coach Mike Fratello had a blow up before yesterdays game...
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Man, I think the Grizzlies are the NBA equivalent of the Renegades as far as questionable management and ownership goes.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Passaglia wrote:They're actually 0-12 lifetime in the playoffs and I love it!!
So that means they have made the playoffs at least 12 times? That's not too shabby.

In fact that means they've had 12 home playoff games. That's more than the Riders ... ;)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
So that means they have made the playoffs at least 12 times? That's not too shabby.

In fact that means they've had 12 home playoff games. That's more than the Riders ... ;)
NO, it means that the Grizz have had a total of 12 playoff games played, and have not won a single game, so far.

As far as Heisly goes, he is attempting to sell off the majority of the Grizzlies for over $300M, far larger than the amount he originally paid for the entire team, and still retain a percentage of the team.....now that is a businessman. IIRC, his forte is to take over troubled company's and turn them around for a profit, the Grizzlies will have to rank as one of his better profit generators, at the expense of Vancouverites.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

the name should be changed to memphis musicians. Or memphis mofia.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
smphantom
Legend

I follow them, and wear my Gasol jersey with pride even though they suck this season, so far.
Stay thirsty my friends.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
LFITQ wrote:

NO, it means that the Grizz have had a total of 12 playoff games played, and have not won a single game, so far.
Oops. My bad. Sorry don't watch B ball.

But my last statement still stands, that's still more home playoff games than the Riders ... :yes:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
Rammer wrote:
LFITQ wrote:

Oops. My bad. Sorry don't watch B ball.

But my last statement still stands, that's still more home playoff games than the Riders ... :yes:
Less W's though.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Sounds like the Grizz have fired Mike Fratello. Not too surprising, he's only lead them to 6 wins in about 30 games.