NBA going back to leather ball Jan 1st

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Black99GT

yes i know this is old news(a few days old atleast) but the NBA is going to go back to the old ball, mid season...
Steve Nash has complained as many others have...the new composite ball is giving him cuts on his fingers...
i think its a good idea to go with a leather ball again, but mid season?..Nash wasn't too pleased when he heard they were switching back mid season(because he has actually got used to the new ball) even though he prefers the old leather ball...

why didn't david stern let the players try out the new balls before the season started...
smphantom
Legend

Shaq, AKA The Big Aristotle, will be happy.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Black99GT

yeah shaq will be very happy and he's still out with injury so it wont be long til the old ball is back in use for him...

on a side note, the suns were in miami tonight and half the seats were empty in the place...shaq was still out, but wade was also not playing tonight due to wisdom teeth...so no one bothered showing up to see the game.
Bosco
Team Captain

Black99GT wrote: why didn't david stern let the players try out the new balls before the season started...
Hmm....ask the employees what they think about a potential change? What a novel concept......unfortunately, this lack of forsight is exhibited in many industries :sigh: , not just the NBA..