Hockey/Math exercise

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Not sure where to get the source infor or what it would take to do, but it would be interesting (to me at least) to be able to compare the win percentage of every NHL team that existed from 1970/71 season through to the 2006/06 season. It is my guess that the Flyers may be number one. Certainly near the top. In which case, it only makes sense that they finally do some time on rock bottom, even though they have been my main team throughout the last 35 yrs. Always in my top 5 and often number 1. It was a good run of fairly consistant good and often exciting hockey. :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I dunno about percentages, but the St. Louis Blues held an all-time pro-sports record of 25 consecutive playoff appearances up until they bombed out last season...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

pro-sports record of 25 consecutive playoff appearances
are you sure about that?

Seems to me the eskimos beat that one by a bit?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

My bad - SECOND longest. From Wikipedia:

"Despite years of mediocrity and the stigma of never being able to "take the next step", the Blues were a playoff presence every year from 1980 to 2004 ? the second longest active streak in North American professional sports at the time."
(\__/)
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:My bad - SECOND longest. From Wikipedia:

"Despite years of mediocrity and the stigma of never being able to "take the next step", the Blues were a playoff presence every year from 1980 to 2004 ? the second longest active streak in North American professional sports at the time."
Still the Eskimos record includes seasons where only 25% of the franchises missed the playoffs, and did get in with a 6 - 12 record in 2000.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, missing the playoffs is a little tougher in an 8-team league... you almost have to TRY to suck :lol:
(\__/)
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Yeah, missing the playoffs is a little tougher in an 8-team league... you almost have to TRY to suck :lol:
doesnt say much for the rest of the teams then does it :twisted: